25 man squad - legal stuff

117 M34

I was wondering about the legality of saying teams can only have 25 players in their squad. i.e. say for example Jo doesn't make the 25 man squad but we don't manage to sell him, surely he is being forced out of work. This must be illegal in line with all of the european laws

Anyone more knowlegable about this that me?

I wouldn't think so, just because a player doesn't play doesn't mean he is out of work. I guess it's a little like being a pilot for BA and not being called to fly for a few weeks, as long as the airline keeps paying him he would have no case(and a pretty good damn job!).

what happens about injured players ie michael johnson who probs wont be fit for the start of the season.

well its 25 players over the age of 21 you don't need to register anyone younger (does anyone know if they have to be homegrown for this i.e we sign bolotelli whos 19 do we register him in the 25 or does he count as youth?) and for injuries theres special... wass-the-word. AND you re-register the squad in the middle of the season anyway.

personally i think its still a bad idea removes the point of having strength in depth

I have thought about this and don't see the problem. Those in caps class as homegrown I think.

GK
HART, GIVEN, TAYLOR

RB
Zabaleta, RICHARDS

CB
Boateng, Kompany, Kolo Toure, LESCOTT, ONOUHA

LB
BRIDGE, Kolarov

CM (Defensive)
Yaya Toure, De Jong, Viera, BARRY

CM (in the hole or attacking)
Robinho, IRELAND, JOHNSON (M)

RM
WRIGHT-PHILLIPS, JOHNSON (A)

LM
BELLAMY, Silva

ATT
Adebayor, Tevez

Under 21 - do not need to be registered
WEISS, BOYATA, NIMLEY, CUNNINGHAM, IBRAHIM, TUTTE and Balotelli if he signs

So it looks like the end for Santa Cruz, Jo, Caciedo, Garrido, Ethuh and Logan.
If Robinho goes we have got room for 1 more. Cover in every position and a bit of flexibility with people like Bellers, Silva, AJ, Ned, Boateng being able to move about.

I don't think we have a problem, and looks good on paper

But we have now just signed Kolarov and are expecting others.. I think we will struggle to get everyone in. Although the likes of Balotelli dont need to be registered.

We have no obligation to provide work, only an obligation to pay them under the terms of their contract. Potentially a skilled employee could claim against a loss of experience if they were given no work for a long period of time, but doesn't really apply to football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.