25 man squads here for good or not?

leighton

I know the rule has only just come in but hand on heart I feel it will be a matter of time before there is problems with this rule. Take into account the mid table to lower end teams. For them it will be a nightmare. Take Everton into account last season they missed at times 7-9 players due to injuries or bans on certain weeks. How are those other teams going to be able rely on there youth set up which would not be the standard of Evertons. I feel any team this season within the top 4 get a bad run of injuires they will highlight the rule as stupid and not worth having within the game. So it means in some cases playing kids that are either not ready to play or simply not good enough to play in the league. Also with the English football tough seasons it means less of players getting rested during the season as to normal. I cant wait to see how the league react to when 1 of the so called top 4 have a injury crisis this season and wheater they will bend the rules for them or not.

leighton said:
I know the rule has only just come in but hand on heart I feel it will be a matter of time before there is problems with this rule. Take into account the mid table to lower end teams. For them it will be a nightmare. Take Everton into account last season they missed at times 7-9 players due to injuries or bans on certain weeks. How are those other teams going to be able rely on there youth set up which would not be the standard of Evertons. I feel any team this season within the top 4 get a bad run of injuires they will highlight the rule as stupid and not worth having within the game. So it means in some cases playing kids that are either not ready to play or simply not good enough to play in the league. Also with the English football tough seasons it means less of players getting rested during the season as to normal. I cant wait to see how the league react to when 1 of the so called top 4 have a injury crisis this season and wheater they will bend the rules for them or not.
I'ts a stupid fuckin idea and by the looks of it very little thought as gone into it,designed purely to stop us at all costs without realising there is a good chance it could fuck a lot of other teams up too

I don't think they are very good, as it basically forces sides to sign young players instead and poaching kids like Arsenal and Chelsea have been doing for the last 5 years, and then when they reach 22 years of age, they are discarded and have to find alternative clubs.

It takes the advantage away from having a big squad, and they brought something this stupid in, only in England as well I think, not sure if this is Euro wide, and how is this going to help prepare the national sides, as players will be burnt out when it comes to WC or EC game every 2 years, this rule like many others on the verge of coming in, are only in the game now, because Manchester City became rich.

There was none of this when the likes of scum, Loserpool, Chelsea and Arsenal were smashing records all over the place and spending wedges of money that they had, and basically killed any competition, as the rest of the league couldn't compete with these big squads.

All it basically means, is that your top established stars (Silva, Yaya etc) will always find a club and improve not only their team, but their game also as they will continue to be given the big game exposure, whereas a young kid now has a harder task to make it anywhere, as up until they turn 22, they are able to play without taking up a squad place, when they turn 22, they are then 1 of the squad of 25, and clubs will not carry any player if it means having to sell or release a better player in order to bring the kindergarten through.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.