25 | Manuel Akanji - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why it’s easy for me to laugh off the money comments.

They’ve brought in this lad for 15 million. He’s played all across the back line, and he’s been fantastic.

They’ve brought in the record-breaking goal scorer for less than 60.

In the Pep era City have just been extraordinarily well run.

But this is an Akanji thread and the lad has just been outstanding. Ake who has been the best defensive left back this season goes out and we don’t miss a beat. 15m. Fucking unbelievable.

Been one of his biggest critics this year. As I feel he's made a fair few mistakes that have been costly in games.

But fair play to him.

He's was immense yesterday. He didn't put a foot wrong.

This is why it’s easy for me to laugh off the money comments.

They’ve brought in this lad for 15 million. He’s played all across the back line, and he’s been fantastic.

They’ve brought in the record-breaking goal scorer for less than 60.

In the Pep era City have just been extraordinarily well run.

But this is an Akanji thread and the lad has just been outstanding. Ake who has been the best defensive left back this season goes out and we don’t miss a beat. 15m. Fucking unbelievable.

When I hear the usual bullshit about buying the league, ‘cheat champ man’ etc. I reference this lad. The polar opposite of a star signing. Under the radar bargain basement player turned star.

If United or Spurs had of signed him, their fans would have been moaning that you can’t compete with City signing players like Akanji, i’d lob Ake into that equation too.

There was a long period of this season, once his initial honeymoon period was over where I simply didn’t think he was anywhere near good enough. He was making mistake after mistake. But the change to this John Stones DM system seems to have helped Akanji too as he’s been absolutely immense since.

I was critical of him for the first half of the season, felt he hesitated too much.

He's been brilliant for 3 months now and comes across as a really likeable guy.

What a bargain as well.

Been one of his biggest critics this year. As I feel he's made a fair few mistakes that have been costly in games.

But fair play to him.

He's was immense yesterday. He didn't put a foot wrong.
He looked a bit suspect earlier in the season but he's got better as the season has gone on. The best thing about him is he's so versatile and pretty solid playing anywhere across the back. Turned out to be an absolute steal for 14M, and Akanji only 27 and will only get better.

He looked a bit suspect earlier in the season but he's got better as the season has gone on. The best thing about him is he's so versatile and pretty solid playing anywhere across the back. Turned out to be an absolute steal for 14M, and Akanji only 27 and will only get better.

Accepting your point about earlier season performances. it is clear that Pep absolutely trusts him to play whatever role asked of him across the defence.

A fully intregrated player in the team and a bargain at the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.