25th Anniversary Plans for York (A)

You lot who went to York away that day can bang on all you want about your 'suffering' (!!) as we slipped to our lowest League standing in history.

But you'll never know the absolute pain and horror of being at Edgeley Park with your youngest daughter and her primary school party friends, all there on free tickets, watching Stockport County (of the Championship we dreamed of getting back to) beating Oxford 2-0, while the news of our defeat by York filtering through from County fans led the Cheadle End to sing all sorts of songs about our plight.. yes, County fans, s*dding County fans.. taking the Michael.. and taking it out of US!

Proper scarred me for life. Still have cold sweats and nightmares about it at night, half-expecting a knock on the door and being told that everything since 2008 'has really been a dream'..

It's the semi final of the Club World Cup that day. I'm hoping to attend the final but I'll miss that game, which itself is my way of commemorating missing York away (I did several other aways that year).

Quite an incredible few years we've had.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.