#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I am correct in saying that it was still 1-1, when he picked it up on the edge of box and had an easy pass to play Foden in for a 1 on 1 and instead he shot from 25 yards. A minute or so later, it was his shite pass back to Ake, that started the chain of events for their 2nd goal. He plays for himself and I can’t stand that attitude in a team game. Get rid.

it was probably the next move of the game that we conceded the goal - he’s awful,I’ve no idea why Pep perseveres with him

Great goal and a good assist, but I think I’ve never seen a more selfish player at City. At the score of 1-1 Foden is through on goal and would 100% score if he got the pass, but (of course) Mahrez shoots, misses and Leicester score about a minute later

Mahrez, gundogan, garcia and zinchenko need replacing now. Mendy needs moving to backup left back.
Mahrez and gundogan is not right for our setup. Mahrez is a player who plays for himself. Both taking up slots for better players.
Garcia and zinchenko neither are decent enough for the 1st team. Zinchenko isn't a left back.
Mendy has been ruined by those injuries.

I think I am correct in saying that it was still 1-1, when he picked it up on the edge of box and had an easy pass to play Foden in for a 1 on 1 and instead he shot from 25 yards. A minute or so later, it was his shite pass back to Ake, that started the chain of events for their 2nd goal. He plays for himself and I can’t stand that attitude in a team game. Get rid.

Can’t remember which Leicester goal (with so many flying in) but there’s was a chance he had to put in Delap/Kevin. He took the shot on and after that action it went back towards City’s half. I was hoping he’d make the easy option as City needed a goal to help with momentum.

Classic Mahrez performance tbh, scored a great goal, got an assist, yet still played pretty badly overall and consistently did the wrong thing most of the time. Makes things happen, but the rest of the time is just messing up. Belongs at a smaller club where a player like that is more valuable, like Zaha at Palace or Grealish at Villa.

Have never seen him take a game by the scruff of its neck and boss it. Wonderful talent but enigmatically underwhelming. Akin to dining out in a fine restaurant yet coming home and immediately looking in the fridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.