26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw another poster mention that AFCON was this year. I had completely forgotten about that. A real shame. I know the competition level is low but man, he's looked fantastic. I thought he was supposed to be getting a new contract this summer?

Most people don't even have him in their best 11 if we sign our targets sides. Ha! Currently our best attacking option by a country mile and has been for 18 months now.

Most people don't even have him in their best 11 if we sign our targets sides. Ha! Currently our best attacking option by a country mile and has been for 18 months now.
Who do people put instead of him, he made the RW spot his last season easily.

Who do people put instead of him, he made the RW spot his last season easily.
Fully agree. He's obviously not going to play every single game but all the big games, mahrez right wing is a certainty he's earned that over the last 18 months and I think it's there for all of us to see how much trust Pep has in him. Much like sterling was an automatic starter 2 seasons ago, mahrez is now in that position.

As for ho they pick instead, whoever they want to shift over and shoehorn into their side from the left. Of all the potential lineups I've seen posted in various different threads, most put Kane and Grealish in and the two to make way tend to be mahrez and gundogan despite the fact that after dias they were our two best players last season.

Fully agree. He's obviously not going to play every single game but all the big games, mahrez right wing is a certainty he's earned that over the last 18 months and I think it's there for all of us to see how much trust Pep has in him. Much like sterling was an automatic starter 2 seasons ago, mahrez is now in that position.

As for ho they pick instead, whoever they want to shift over and shoehorn into their side from the left. Of all the potential lineups I've seen posted in various different threads, most put Kane and Grealish in and the two to make way tend to be mahrez and gundogan despite the fact that after dias they were our two best players last season.
I think the reason for that is if you put Kane and Grealish in the starting 11, then of the 5 total attacking spots those 2 plus the obvious KdB, only leaves you with 2 spots.

2 spots for Foden, Gundogan, Sterling, Jesus, Bernie, Mahrez, and Ferran

Foden is the golden boy so he will be included as well.

So really 1 spot for 6 players, 5 if you assume Bernie is being sold. Nobody picks Jesus and Ferran to start.

So it's between Gundogan, Sterling and Mahrez.

The squad depth is kind of insane when you think about it. Even still on the RW, Mahrez starts quite simply, the only way you can pick Sterling over him is if Pep changes the way he wants the RW to play back to the 17/18 season where the wingers made alot of runs in behind.

He is so underrated. The guy has absolutely everything, particularly after his defending improved dramatically last season.

The guy has the best first touch in the game, he creates chance after chance, has vision, keeps the ball, he can dribble inside or outside, he scores, assists. Really think he’s under appreciated, incredible player. And how hungry does he look this pre-season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.