26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope Algeria get knocked out ASAP so he is back in a couple of weeks , then look forward to a Egypt v Senegal final where Salah & Mane can kick lumps out of each other and miss half a dozen games.
I actually don’t think we will win this AFCON. Belmadi surely has his eyes set on WC2022 qualification. I expect a lot of young players to rotate and play this time.

I actually don’t think we will win this AFCON. Belmadi surely has his eyes set on WC2022 qualification. I expect a lot of young players to rotate and play this time.
lol, nonsense this is not how things work in football no team or club wastes a whole tournament for a far away match especially for top dogs or in this case current champions. well unless you are Liverpool letting EFL cup slip up to focus on the PL but end up watching City win it each time XD

Mahrez and the right side attack was quite quiet until the red card because of Arsenal's strategy. Arsenal marked and blocked our right side - then forced Dias/Laporte to shift the ball to left - and quietly create a cage to capture KDB+Sterling - the pair who were less resilience to pressure and more likely to concede ball than other city attacker. I am not saying KDB/Sterling are bad player - but playing them on the same side + Ake - is not ideal.

Thus it is not Mahrez going quiet - but purely due to Arsenal strategy. -

Never ever, Belmadi and the players know that this tournament is really important for Algeria, i don't see us winning it not because we will rotate but because we are the biggest favorite and everyone will try to beat us, we don't have the surprise factor like the last AFCON, but still hopeful, we also have the undefeated streak to keep going. Mahrez will carry us.

Mahrez and the right side attack was quite quiet until the red card because of Arsenal's strategy. Arsenal marked and blocked our right side - then forced Dias/Laporte to shift the ball to left - and quietly create a cage to capture KDB+Sterling - the pair who were less resilience to pressure and more likely to concede ball than other city attacker. I am not saying KDB/Sterling are bad player - but playing them on the same side + Ake - is not ideal.

Thus it is not Mahrez going quiet - but purely due to Arsenal strategy. -
When arteta was at city ,Raz on left and mahrez on right side was our outlet . He is well aware of that threat and had to cancel them . It worked for them doubling on wings and they were more fresher then our players physically having more days off.

Mahrez will be missed, our top goal scorer this season with 13 goals and 4 assists.

cool as a cucumber is mahrez.

honestly for the big games you need players like mahrez who don’t shit themselves on big occasions.

I don't think he'll be missed.

He's playing very well but we have loads of options for RW who are also brilliant. Sterling has..9 goal contibutions in his last 10 games? Jesus has more assists than anyone else in the side playing from the right wing. Palmer will take over in the cups.

I also don't think anyone in our side shits themselves in big occasions, we wouldn't be so successful if they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.