26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking stats. Jesus christ. Tells you something, doesn't tell you everything. But lets play that game.

5 of those 15 goals he scored all season were in 2 games in the FA Cup - 2 against chelsea (a championship side in everything but name only) and 3 against Sheff Utd (an actual championship side.) So now he's down to 10 goals.

2 of the remaining 10 goals were penalties. So 8 open play goals all season in the premier league and champs league.

We scored 94 goals in the premier league. He assisted on 10 of them. No big whoop.

Hasn't scored since Feb in the league or the champs league.

He's 32. He wasn't trusted in the FA Cup final or the Semis or final of the UCL.

Pep knows best.
Mahrez is a wonderful player but you quite rightly point out that his form and performances were not good at the business end of the season, he was left out of the finals for a reason.

Mahrez is a wonderful player but you quite rightly point out that his form and performances were not good at the business end of the season, he was left out of the finals for a reason.
It’s all down to transfer fee and whether he wants to collect more money than he’s ever going to get offered again.

I’ve no issue either way, but if we get offered anything over £30mil then I think we’d be happy to let him go.

I would have no worries about Mahrez playing here next season and being good enough.

However, I also think he's the perfect player to replace to keep things fresh. He's only got a year or 2 left anyway so we can all jump before we're pushed here, he gets a lifechanging amount of money and we get a fee for a player we'd never have expected to get one for.

The only problem is that if we lose Cancelo, Laporte, Bernardo, Gundogan, Mahrez and Phillips in one summer, it's a revolution not an evolution.

Last edited:
He architected one of the most important results of the season. Half time Jan 19, we are looking dead 2-0 down to Spurs, gazing into the abyss of a 10 point deficit to Arse. He single-handedly turned that game on its head. When he is on, he is a truly special player. He'll again be a key man next year
One of the best individual performances of the season that.

The reason is defense, according to Pep. That's clear and stated since the home Leipzig game. btw, he was MOTM in the first leg vs Leipzig! Even Silva had better home games against Bayern and Madrid because of lesser defensive duties in those games.
But, I would move on if I were him unless he wants to stay as a bit player or maybe due to family constraints. He still has a lot to offer but does he have the character for it?

Last edited:
I would have no worries about Mahrez playing here next season and being good enough.

However, I also think he's the perfect player to replace to keep things fresh. He's only got a year or 2 left anyway so we can all jump before we're pushed here, he gets a lifechanging amount of money and we get a fee for a player we'd never have expected to get one for.

The only problem is that if we lose Cancelo, Laporte, Bernardo, Gundogan, Mahrez and Phillips in one summer, it's a revolution not an evolution.
100% agree.

In all your time here you clearly dont get humour , will you go when he goes ?
Name-calling is no humour for me, ffs. Especially as it's exclusively directed to the same player for years.

Edit: will you miss me if I go?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.