26 year old Rodri or Fern.. who would you take?

I think Rodri is well on the way to being the best defensive midfielder we've ever had. Unfair to have this conversation now, and not when Rodri's sailing off into the sunset at 35.

Last edited:
Fern is more mobile. Rodri is calmer and more likely to bang a big goal. Whomever gets picked shouldn't ever play centre half. If you forced me at gun point to pick one I'd be curious about why it was so important to you that you'd need to force me to pick one at gun point but due to the force applied by yourself at gun point I would pick Ferna. Then if I was able I would call the police.

I had this discussion years ago, when I said it would be impossible to replace Fernandinho, I personally felt he was the best DM the league had ever seen. Now… it’s Rodri for me. The guy is a machine. That was some top scouting and even more so, outstanding coaching. Rodri was scouted with three things in mind, great reading of the game, intelligent touches and calmness under pressure. A true master piece of a DM in this style of football.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.