#27 | João Cancelo - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't look like a player who is giving up before he has had the chance to settle

The PL is not an easy place to come to, look at players that couldn’t settle here and have gone back to Europe- Boateng, Nolito, Negredo, & countless others at the swamp like di Maria etc. It’s a tough league and climate to deal with, perhaps last nights stunt was a sign.

The PL is not an easy place to come to, look at players that couldn’t settle here and have gone back to Europe- Boateng, Nolito, Negredo, & countless others at the swamp like di Maria etc. It’s a tough league and climate to deal with, perhaps last nights stunt was a sign.

Fuck sakes stop believe in everything you read. One shitty newspaper make shit up and other media outlets follow. And all of a sudden ”Cancelo is unhappy and wants out”. Does anyone know how many games he has played for City since he came here? 8, 10, 12? He joined in August. I believe the first time he actually touched the grass was end of september the first time. That’s less than three month ago. Since then, he had maybe a few league starts. Now answer me how many of Peps new signings over the years has started playing regularly for him in the first season? Mahrez? No. Bernardo? No. Sane? No.

He. Will. Play. More. Calm down.

After paying so much for a full back I was expecting so much more. Reported to be 60m this is more than Sterling and that was meant to be outrageous at the time. I cannot get over why we spent so much on an area that we were covered in. If we tried to sell him in the morning we would struggle to get half our money back. Makes Steve Daly look a bargain.

After paying so much for a full back I was expecting so much more. Reported to be 60m this is more than Sterling and that was meant to be outrageous at the time. I cannot get over why we spent so much on an area that we were covered in. If we tried to sell him in the morning we would struggle to get half our money back. Makes Steve Daly look a bargain.
Nothing could make Steve Daley look like a bargain.

Paid 25-30m for him, we would comfortably get that back.

I think he has a lot to offer us and if he had an extended run we would see it. Walkers resurgence in the past few months has been worth bringing in Cancelo alone. I was starting to worry Kyle was on his way out.

Walkers resurgence in the past few months has been worth bringing in Cancelo alone. I was starting to worry Kyle was on his way out.

Very true. On top of that Cancelo might come good, too early to draw any conclusions. For Portuguese players moving to England and the PL might be quite challenging, especially when you have to learn completely new tactics. Such things take time. Leroy was a bit underwhelming in the first 3-4 months and then...Bernardo was questioned too. Some people don't learn though and are quick to express their disappointment.

Paid 25-30m for him, we would comfortably get that back.

I think he has a lot to offer us and if he had an extended run we would see it. Walkers resurgence in the past few months has been worth bringing in Cancelo alone. I w
We did not pay 25-30m for him
It was twice that. There is no way we would get our money back.

Bringing Cancelo in to the club has had the desired effect , because Walker is responding to the challenge , you can understand Cancelo frustration , Serie A winner with Juventus to collecting splinters on our bench , but surely he realised the situation before he signed , its a squad game and he will play 20 odd games or more , much like Bernardo , Mahrez and others all excellent players , and they will all play their part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.