#27 | João Cancelo - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree that he isn't great defensively, but still seems our best option at left back currently, as at least he is good going forwards.
Mendy is dreadful both ways, and Zinchenko is average both ways.

Ake could yet change that, but not seen him play there enough for us to really say that.

Agree that he isn't great defensively, but still seems our best option at left back currently, as at least he is good going forwards.
Mendy is dreadful both ways, and Zinchenko is average both ways.

Ake could yet change that, but not seen him play there enough for us to really say that.
Ake would be a defensive left back like walker, but slower

I doubt he ever becomes a threat going forward, but we dont necessarily need him to be.

Ake would be a defensive left back like walker, but slower

I doubt he ever becomes a threat going forward, but we dont necessarily need him to be.
I'm at the stage if we just have a left-back who appears competent at keeping the ball and defending I'll take it as a win. If Ake can do that out there then I'll likely prefer him to Cancelo.

We've been spoiled at right back with Zabba and Walker. Makes the contrast at left back all the more stark.

I don’t think Ake has learned how to be an inverted fullback yet. Difficult to pick it up this quickly, particularly when Pep repeatedly says they have no time to coach much, it’s just recovery work. So Cancelo is the better bet. We saw today how his awareness of the right positions to take up can free Sterling to be able to run at them. With Ake at LB, I’d be willing to bet that Sterling ends up with 2 players on him at all times. Cancelo deserves a run now.

I don’t think Ake has learned how to be an inverted fullback yet. Difficult to pick it up this quickly, particularly when Pep repeatedly says they have no time to coach much, it’s just recovery work. So Cancelo is the better bet. We saw today how his awareness of the right positions to take up can free Sterling to be able to run at them. With Ake at LB, I’d be willing to bet that Sterling ends up with 2 players on him at all times. Cancelo deserves a run now.
Spot on.

With Aké we will literally have a defence with no weak links. Please no Cancelo anymore.

When will people realize that fullbacks has ‘back’ in it but their main job isn’t to defend anymore, it’s to attack. Can’t seem to remember any good fullbacks that’s good at defending? Walker is one but then he’s completely useless going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.