27 | Matheus Nunes - 2024/25

Seems to have improved his physicality
I'm not sure how much of Nunes you watched when he was still at Sporting. The boy was ridiculously good, and his physicality was phenomenal. I was a huge fan then, and I still am!
Maybe a little overpriced but he has a skill set that is different from everyone else in our squad.
Based on what I saw him do at Sporting, £53M is a good price for him.

When he was at Sporting, we had the option to buy him for £40M, but we didn’t go for him—Wolves did. If you wanted him for cheaper, we should have gotten him back when he was still at Sporting, because we had interest long before Wolves did!

Great performance and the CL suits him because it has a lower benchmark for fouls. He still needs to improve his physicality, but you can't question his mindset or commitment. From being eaten alive at Molineux last season to making a critical challenge, which was a physical one, which led to us getting up the other end and having the chance to win the game.

Last night he was superb and involved in a lot of our best moves. You could see the emotion in him, the want to impress. And you can see the other players enjoying the fact he's having his moment in the sun. That's a good sign. Based on Gundo's form for us so far, I'd much rather see Nunes in the side ahead of him personally.

I’ve always said Nunes has never really impressed whilst also thinking something is there.

Hopefully he is in the second season where it clicks for some players.

I am not alone in thinking how much he has improved on last season. Last night was the best I have seen him. One of the best players on the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.