29 years ago today...

I was going to attend that match. Tynecastle is only a ten minute walk from our house. Late on I had some concerns and instead we went to Easter Road to watch Hibs beat QPR 2-1.

As soon as Alan Ball was unveiled as manager I had grave misgivings and this was reinforced by getting thumped by Hearts.

This was confirmed by the tragic and comical end when City drew 2-2 Liverpool with Ball signalling to waste time as City went down.

I was going to attend that match. Tynecastle is only a ten minute walk from our house. Late on I had some concerns and instead we went to Easter Road to watch Hibs beat QPR 2-1.

As soon as Alan Ball was unveiled as manager I had grave misgivings and this was reinforced by getting thumped by Hearts.

This was confirmed by the tragic and comical end when City drew 2-2 Liverpool with Ball signalling to waste time as City went down.
I was at Maine Road that day. I'd tried to forget that day
It was awful. ..a really bad day. A friend of mine was crying in a pub after the match. Thats how much it had hurt her. I remember feeling totally lost and dejected. I shudder at the thought of how bad we red
of were in those days....at a time when I never ever missed a match,home and away.

I was at Maine Road that day. I'd tried to forget that day
It was awful. ..a really bad day. A friend of mine was crying in a pub after the match. Thats how much it had hurt her. I remember feeling totally lost and dejected. I shudder at the thought of how bad we red
of were in those days....at a time when I never ever missed a match,home and away.
The ironic thing is we started that season with a decent squad and some good players, Gio, Flitcroft, Walshie, Uwe, Curle etc……..and then the football genius got hold of ‘em

Luckily seen City 3 times at Tynecastle
Still waiting the return fixture though

Wasn’t this the first season of new pass back rule and the end of Dibble as a decent keeper? Thought Ball said Dibble would never play again for City after this game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.