29 years ago today...

Wasn’t this the first season of new pass back rule and the end of Dibble as a decent keeper? Thought Ball said Dibble would never play again for City after this game.
IIRC Andy Dibble had hold of the ball in one hand at Forest? When Howard Kendall was manager.

Someone came up behind him, nodded it out of his hand & scored. Kendal said on the big match or motd that "you can't do that" as a way of excusing Dibbles lack of concentration. Anyway I think he was history from that day and Tony Coton was signed who was an excellent keeper from Watford for £1m. We could have climbed the table and got some stability but Kendall buggered off back to Everton after about a year and the merry go round started again. Apologies for inaccurate memories.

Thankfully I missed this one but sadly witnessed an equally inept performance away v Burnley during that same pre season. I also ran into a load of Hearts fans 3 years later in Palma (they were playing Real Mallorca in the UEFA - I think) and they reminded me of the score.

Great trip that

Wasn’t this the first season of new pass back rule and the end of Dibble as a decent keeper? Thought Ball said Dibble would never play again for City after this game.
Dibble hadn’t been No. 1 since 1990, when Kendall bought Tony Coton. I can’t remember if he was still at the club by then.

Ball...Alan fucking Ball.

I shuddered with disbelief and deep foreboding then, and I've just shuddered again at the memory of that incompetent, arrogant shithouse !!

OMG, the mere thought of disaster after disaster after catastrophe !!
The one bright, shining light was a certain little Georgian lad, Giorgi Kinkladze.

IIRC Andy Dibble had hold of the ball in one hand at Forest? When Howard Kendall was manager.

Someone came up behind him, nodded it out of his hand & scored. Kendal said on the big match or motd that "you can't do that" as a way of excusing Dibbles lack of concentration. Anyway I think he was history from that day and Tony Coton was signed who was an excellent keeper from Watford for £1m. We could have climbed the table and got some stability but Kendall buggered off back to Everton after about a year and the merry go round started again. Apologies for inaccurate memories.
A newspaper (maybe the MEN) ran the headline: Crafty Crosby sinks City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.