3 england players

Hoddle is by miles the most gifted and brilliant English player I've seen , but I can't help feeling there was good reason why Bobby Robson didn't trust him. And he's a massive weirdo. (Maybe why Bobby didn't trust him).

Hate to say it, but Bryan Robson was immense. But he'd injure himself on the coin toss of the first game, so no chance, matey. Get to the bar.

Sol Campbell was brilliant in 98 and 2002. Only Englishman in the 'team of the tournament' XI both times.

I was born before Bobby Charlton stopped playing, but I never saw him, so I won't go for him. Same for Bobby Moore - he was playing for the Fulham Globetrotters with Best & Marsh in The Second Division, but I missed his peak.

Biased as I am, I always thought Joe Corrigan was better than Shilton and Clemence. Bloody hell, the keepers we used to have. Even Phil Parks, fourth choice then, would walk into the current England side. I can't get over Shilton and The Hand Of God. A keeper shouldn't let a dwarf get the jump on him in that spot.

The position we've always been pony in is right-back. The contenders in my lifetime are Phil Neale and the Garys, Chuckle and Stevens. Hardly Cafu, Zanetti and Thuram, is it ? Now I can maybe see why Keith Curle ended up there...

Shearer/Rooney, Keegan/Rooney, Lineker/Rooney would all be rockin, wouldn't they? I'll go for Kev - the old fashioned no.9 (Shearer), and the poacher (Lineker), are less common these days as systems have become more fluid, and the key is mobility. Kev was never still. I want the 1978 player with the 1974 hair, though. No bubble-perms in my squad.

So I'll have Big Joe - God knows we're lacking in that position - Big Sol in his prime, and wee Kev in his.

Although on another day I could suggest Andy Sinton, Keith Curle at right-back, and Geoff 'Corner Flag' Thomas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.