3 Peak Challenge

Threeinarow

I'm doing this on friday for charity, with 14 others.

I'm full of a cold and the weather is gonna be really crap apparently. Great.

Anyone else on here participated in this challenge? Any useful tips, stories to tell etc?

I am assuming you are doing the UK one, snowdon, scarfell and ben nevis (as opposed to the yorkshire one)

all I can say is that you will stiffen up traveling between the mountains so lots of stretching is required and a massage if possible.

also lots of fluids and carbs between climbs

if its the yorkshire one then just take it easy as it really is a piece of piss.

pirate said:
I am assuming you are doing the UK one, snowdon, scarfell and ben nevis (as opposed to the yorkshire one)

all I can say is that you will stiffen up traveling between the mountains so lots of stretching is required and a massage if possible.

if its the yorkshire one then just take it easy as it really is a piece of piss.

Yeah mate, the UK one, starting with Ben Nevis on friday evening!

It's the stiffening up that I'm not looking forward to at all. However, it'll be a good laugh with us all doing it together, and I'm anticipating that the mood will change once we've completed Scafell.

pirate said:

the Yorkshire one isn't exactly easy - 26 miles in one go up and down PenyGent , Whernside and Ingleborough - takes about 8-9hours walking - done it twice

well adam, we did it pal...
14 of us completed the challenge, started friday tea time and finished saturday tea time.
If I said it was hard, id be lying.... its ridiculous if you have no mountain experience, like myself and a few others! haha
but we all completed it, im so proud of all participants and the 2 drivers.
Scafell pike was awful to climb at 5am sat morning, it was gloomy and freezing on top,so we saw no views to keep spirits high.. But Nevis and Snowdon were absolutely beautifull.
But im afraid my mountaineering career is well and truly over!
It was so draining, adrenaline and the thought of a few pints got me through the last one!!
And we had such a laugh during the challenge, as well as in the b and b.
So, Adam, just another well done and hope your knees ok.

I've done the Yorkshire one and the UK one.

The Yorkshire one is harder as it is one long slog.

The UK isn't too bad but the travelling between walks is just boring, and if you aren't driving it is best to sleep if you can. This converts the 'challenge' into 3 reasonably easy walks.

urmston said:
I've done the Yorkshire one and the UK one.

The Yorkshire one is harder as it is one long slog.

The UK isn't too bad but the travelling between walks is just boring, and if you aren't driving it is best to sleep if you can. This converts the 'challenge' into 3 reasonably easy walks.

would have loved to sleep between but the minibus was small and cramped to fcuk!
im stiffening up im gonna be sore tomoz!

plenty of leg room in your vehicle is important. And having a driver!
I found Nevis a bastard, just goes on forever and wasnt feeling great myself - and had to have a crap at the top - nothing meant to all the jocks out there, but I have shared that story with all the ones I know!

Scarfell wasnt bad and we went down it as the sun set which was good.
Snowdon in the early hours drizzle was miserable but its the last leg, the easiest and was on auto pilot by then.

We did it 23 hours or so, but thats as much down to the driver as anything. Ive also done it as a driver and you have to motor, especially coming down the M6.

Mars Bars are a great hit if its cold and wet, and an Olympic Breakfast in A Little Chef on the way home was quality. You'll feel well rewarded when youve cracked it. Good luck

simonk said:
plenty of leg room in your vehicle is important. And having a driver!
I found Nevis a bastard, just goes on forever and wasnt feeling great myself - and had to have a crap at the top - nothing meant to all the jocks out there, but I have shared that story with all the ones I know!

Scarfell wasnt bad and we went down it as the sun set which was good.
Snowdon in the early hours drizzle was miserable but its the last leg, the easiest and was on auto pilot by then.

We did it 23 hours or so, but thats as much down to the driver as anything. Ive also done it as a driver and you have to motor, especially coming down the M6.

Mars Bars are a great hit if its cold and wet, and an Olympic Breakfast in A Little Chef on the way home was quality. You'll feel well rewarded when youve cracked it. Good luck

Yea we did it Fri tea time till sat tea time...
The feeling at the end is like nothing else, really special.
I had a few pints and the best kebab ever on the sat night. awesome weekend all round

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.