3 Planes from Abu Dhabi landed in manchester

Ok...this is a bit geeky but imsat out in the Suffolk countryside coming towards the end of my holiday and the sky is amazing. Literally billions of stars , shooting stars and other lights floating across the sky...are these satellites? They certainly rant planes as they are far to high and with no flashing lights......also , is there an app that I can see what planes are flying above head right now?

goatinho said:
Ok...this is a bit geeky but imsat out in the Suffolk countryside coming towards the end of my holiday and the sky is amazing. Literally billions of stars , shooting stars and other lights floating across the sky...are these satellites? They certainly rant planes as they are far to high and with no flashing lights......also , is there an app that I can see what planes are flying above head right now?
Pass.........the........fucking.........spliff..........maaaaaaaaaaan!

Message to goatinho .... Yes, there is an app called " plane finder" which would serve your need ... Worth getting the paid version too

Cheers

---
I am here: <a class="postlink" href="http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.353295,4.889962" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.353295,4.889962</a>

goatinho said:

They are satellites,we see loads of them over here mainly because there is less light pollution.Look over to the south at about 45',they mainly come from that direction.Shooting stars....find the plough/great bear and just to the right of it after midnight,we're just going through the tail end of the Perseids,a certain meteor shower.In the middle of august looking at one every few minutes,tailing off now though (no pun intended)<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:09 am --<br /><br />
Tuearts right boot said:
goatinho said:

They are satellites,we see loads of them over here mainly because there is less light pollution.Look over to the south at about 45',they mainly come from that direction.Shooting stars....find the plough/great bear and just to the right of it after midnight,we're just going through the tail end of the Perseids,a certain meteor shower.In the middle of august looking at one every few minutes,tailing off now though (no pun intended)

There is an app which shows the satellites.Don't know what it is called but it's from the states and cost about $15.00

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.