#3 | Rúben Dias - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
? What a bizarre thing to say
RUBEND.jpg

There might be a good excuse to change shirt number if we sign a left back in the summer.
Argh , with you.

Best sign of the season ? I guess so he improved us so much in the defensive departament, i swear that the UCL match could have been way different without him, Mönchengladbach is a quality team Thuram, Pleá, Stindl and Zakaria caused serious problems to Bayern, Madrid, Inter and Dortmund, they couldn't do a thing to our defence and Dias was a big part of that.

Or just playing with Stones, he's only had a couple of games with Laporte.
He just looked a bit slower on the ball to me. I think he's like Terry in that he's right footed who prefers playing the ball up the left channel.

He just looked a bit slower on the ball to me. I think he's like Terry in that he's right footed who prefers playing the ball up the left channel.
That's probably just down to how high BMG were pressing, all our back 5 had less options for a pass and holding a second longer can cause them to overdo the press and leave gaps behind, which we were definitely doing last night to play through them. I was actually really happy with that part of our game, so few teams press us high domestically these days and when we've had to deal with it previously (Lyon, Spurs, Liverpool) we've struggled a bit. BMG pressed brilliantly last night and the lads just seemed to enjoy playing through it.

Not getting any credit for switching positions on a weekly basis right now. That is not an easy thing to do, 99% of defenders have one side and only play that side their entire career, mirroring it and flipping all your routines is very difficult to do but Dias is doing it fortnightly in a team he's only been a part of for 6 months shouldn't be underestimated how impressive that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.