3 | Rúben Dias - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he was pretty shit today. No idea why he moved out the way of the shot. If you're going to put yourself in that position then you just have to try to block it.

He’s not the VVD type player people think he is. I thought he was poor for the goal positionally but prime John Terry would struggle to play with the other three defenders today.

Dias wasn't at fault. Keeper was.
I don’t think either of them were at fault. Ake and Mendy were at fault. Just allowed the shot to be taken.

Did okay Dias today but was one of only two players who did play okay, and the other one only came on in the 81st minute.

He’s not the VVD type player people think he is. I thought he was poor for the goal positionally but prime John Terry would struggle to play with the other three defenders today.
And who is? VVD is easily the best defender in the last 20 years. Sure, he only had 2 years at great level before his injury, but no other defender (Ramos, Vidic, Puyol, Terry, Thiago Silva, Bonucci, Chiellini, Nesta in his old years) has ever been closed to the insane level he had. Dias is an absolute beast, is a leader, has great positioning and timing, is solid aerial, has great blocking. He is easily a top 5 defender for the next 10 years.

And who is? VVD is easily the best defender in the last 20 years. Sure, he only had 2 years at great level before his injury, but no other defender (Ramos, Vidic, Puyol, Terry, Thiago Silva, Bonucci, Chiellini, Nesta in his old years) has ever been closed to the insane level he had. Dias is an absolute beast, is a leader, has great positioning and timing, is solid aerial, has great blocking. He is easily a top 5 defender for the next 10 years.

No one, hence my post. He’s a brilliant defender and we are lucky to have him but he’s not perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.