#31 | Ederson - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be judged on the goal conceded but he was immense yesterday and kept us in it.
It’s a tough life being a keeper, nowhere to hide when you make an error sadly but all’s you can do is not let it affect your game and it didn’t yesterday.
Spot on. The vitriol he is getting from some on here is ridiculous

Ederson had 3 outrageous stops that were worthy a MOTM award. He made a mistake for the goal, but if it weren’t him we would have been battered by Leeds. What is your view on our pathetic defence who kept letting Leeds have a go? If they did their job, Ederson would not have had to make those saves. If our midfield would have done their job we wouldn’t have been pushed in to give away the corner for the goal.
I actually think our forwards and midfield are as culpable for poor defence as our back 5. For those that don't rate Gabby, boy do we miss his work up front.

Lloris at the top of the chart removes any credibility it might have had. Shows you how you can prove anything with "data"
To be fair most of the goalies are where you would expect them, Henderson and Martinez near the top, Pickford and Kepa near the bottom.

I don't watch Lloris enough to know what his success rate is like with expected goals, but he's the captain of the current world champions, so you would imagine he's a decent player fairly often?

Ederson is brilliant with his distribution but I think it's fair to say his saving is usually only about average for a PL keeper, and those stats confirm that.

Most games we dominate possession, and the opposition have few shots. He had a particularly good game against Leeds, (barring their goal).

Last edited:
To be fair most of the goalies are where you would expect them, Henderson and Martinez near the top, Pickford and Kepa near the bottom.

I don't watch Lloris enough to know what his success rate is like with expected goals, but he's the captain of the current world champions, so you would imagine he's a decent player fairly often?

Ederson is brilliant with his distribution but I think it's fair to say his saving is usually only about average for a PL keeper, and those stats confirm that.

Most games we dominate possession, and the opposition have few shots. He had a particularly good game against Leeds, (barring their goal).
Ive seen Lloris enough in the PL and he's average+ at best.

Ederson was called up to Brazil squad with Alison's injury. Brazil play Bolivia tomorrow and Peru away on Wednesday, before our Saturday Arsenal match. Bad for jet lag, a 16 hour flight, he wasn't even in the squad before Alison's injury! He could be traveling all that way to sit on the bench?

Not ideal preparation for a big game, our defence hasn't played much together. Ederson's understanding with his defenders is crucial.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.