31 | Ederson - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he had a very solid first half of the season. Won us points in both Chelsea matches, and away at Brentford and Villa. After February or March, though, his form plunged off a cliff. Started flapping at everything, failing to make basic saves. Seemed like every shot on target would go in. Cost us the Madrid tie with his weak keeping on Vinicius' goal in the first leg and Rodrygo's first at the Bernabeu, and nearly cost us the league with those limp performances against West Ham and Villa.

Hopefully Ortega pushes him hard this next season, and he goes to the next level as a goalkeeper. Otherwise, I don't see us winning the Champions League with him in net. The difference between him and Courtois or Neuer or Alisson as shot-stoppers is night and day.

I think he had a very solid first half of the season. Won us points in both Chelsea matches, and away at Brentford and Villa. After February or March, though, his form plunged off a cliff. Started flapping at everything, failing to make basic saves. Seemed like every shot on target would go in. Cost us the Madrid tie with his weak keeping on Vinicius' goal in the first leg and Rodrygo's first at the Bernabeu, and nearly cost us the league with those limp performances against West Ham and Villa.

Hopefully Ortega pushes him hard this next season, and he goes to the next level as a goalkeeper. Otherwise, I don't see us winning the Champions League with him in net. The difference between him and Courtois or Neuer or Alisson as shot-stoppers is night and day.
Who would be better for city? I mean if he doesn't get to the level you expect does he deserve sacking and replacing? Who would replace him yet keep the clear qualities he has?

Who would be better for city? I mean if he doesn't get to the level you expect does he deserve sacking and replacing? Who would replace him yet keep the clear qualities he has?
We'd have to adjust to a slightly more workmanlike keeper in possession, I suppose. Liverpool have no problem building from the back despite Alisson not being as good on the ball as Ederson.

I've heard good things about Mike Maignan of Milan. He's basically nailed on to be France's starting keeper for years to come. We could be in for him with an interest in a few years.

We'd have to adjust to a slightly more workmanlike keeper in possession, I suppose. Liverpool have no problem building from the back despite Alisson not being as good on the ball as Ederson.

I've heard good things about Mike Maignan of Milan. He's basically nailed on to be France's starting keeper for years to come. We could be in for him with an interest in a few years.
The dippers have no problem because they completely bypass the build up and boot it long for Salah to run onto. Any time Allison has the ball at his foot he puts his team in danger, hes given away several goals because he loses track of what he is trying to do.

Whilst Pep is here, Ederson won't be replaced unless there is something catastrophic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.