31 | Ederson - 2024/25

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Ortega start even if Eddie stays. I imagine Pep won’t be best pleased with him talking to other clubs.

The narrative is set on here that the debate about Eddie is only based on a big Saudi money offer turning his head.

We know that Ortega wants more minutes and has extended his contract, which means that Maresco and Pep wanted to keep him and surely that they have offered him an interesting plan about game time.

That must not mean he was told to be the new #1, but certainly more game time - and that leaves less for Eddie. That's some kind of downgrade for Eddie and surely a reason to look somewhere else...

That is how it seems to me.

I also don't buy the other prominent narrative that our game is vastly being dependent on Eddie.
His long distributions are unmatched but besides that Ortega's distribution is good enough for what we need - and on top he is a better shot stopper, penalty killer and has a more controlled timing out of the box instead of Eddie's kamikaze style clearances.

I fully understand Eddie is loved for all the silverware he won with us but his influence is exaggerated.

If Eddie stays as #1 Ortega would feel betrayed
while Eddie surely can't stay as #2.

I think the decision has been made by Maresca and Pep/Txiki, not by Eddie. Looks like a farewell. IMHO.

The narrative is set on here that the debate about Eddie is only based on a big Saudi money offer turning his head.

We know that Ortega wants more minutes and has extended his contract, which means that Maresco and Pep wanted to keep him and surely that they have offered him an interesting plan about game time.

That must not mean he was told to be the new #1, but certainly more game time - and that leaves less for Eddie. That's some kind of downgrade for Eddie and surely a reason to look somewhere else...

That is how it seems to me.

I also don't buy the other prominent narrative that our game is vastly being dependent on Eddie.
His long distributions are unmatched but besides that Ortega's distribution is good enough for what we need - and on top he is a better shot stopper, penalty killer and has a more controlled timing out of the box instead of Eddie's kamikaze style clearances.

I fully understand Eddie is loved for all the silverware he won with us but his influence is exaggerated.

If Eddie stays as #1 Ortega would feel betrayed
while Eddie surely can't stay as #2.

I think the decision has been made by Maresca and Pep/Txiki, not by Eddie. Looks like a farewell. IMHO.
You are basing your entire post on something you have made up in your head.

There is absolutely no chance Ortega was offered the #1 role if he signed a new contract which then means he can not have been offered more minutes because the only options for the #2 are the cup games.

No way Pep is going to chop and change a keeper week to week in the PL.

So there is nothing for him to be betrayed about but as I don't know what he was told when signing his contract I could have surmised my entire post on a lie as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.