36 hours 'til the transfer window closes. One signing...

edison cavani for me quality big target man striker swap for dzeko and tell napoli hes dead good

First, Ronaldo is a quality player, but I think he's rated too highly from playing in a league where there are only 2 teams with MOST of the rest being average, and spanish so not the best defenders. For this reason I'm out.

Secondly, I'd take Hummels in summer but I think he may struggle to get into the stride of PL defending.
Thirdly, the one person i'd take no questions asked would have to be christian eriksen, looks quality and only 20 years old...
I'm quite surprised there hasn't been more on a second cm of yaya's quality mentioned half as much. A schweinsteiger/tiote/de rossi and maybe Gokhan Inler would serve city well. I think Inler is underrated and tiote is well proven and deserves a higher ranking club imo, but Roma & Bayern are highly unlikely to sell anyway.

Overall, Eriksen in January and possibly a right footed dribbler. HAzard? Lavezzi? Take your pick... Anyway, that's just what i think...

First, Ronaldo is a quality player, but I think he's rated too highly from playing in a league where there are only 2 teams with MOST of the rest being average, and spanish so not the best defenders. For this reason I'm out.

I remember him scoring 45 goals in a season while playing in some other league so you obviously don't know what you are talking about.

B-Neal cajuncityfan said:
I really can't believe that there are city fans now who would see Ronaldo in a city shirt.. It's pathetic.. I guarantee that every one on this topic who posted they'd want Ronaldo, has only been a city fan for no more then 1 year.. That's would be a disgrace in my eyes. And after being a city fan for over ten years (I'm 22 years old and I live in the USA) I would seriously contemplate changing my allegiance to a different team! It would be a terrible day for me to see a prick like Ronaldo taint the ethihad stadium.. What a fuckin joke! U guys are not citizens..

I WOULD NEVER CHANGE THE TEAM I SUPPORT. NO DISRESPECT BUT IF THAT'S HOW YOU FEEL YOU SHOULD PROBABLY GO SUPPORT SOMEONE ELSE. City have made tonnes of decisions that I disagree with but I would never turn my back on them. Therefore you are not a true City fan. Were you a red for the first 12 years?

pardoe said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
pardoe said:
In place of who?
Lescott's been excellent this season, in my opinion.
But he,Lescott, isnt world class - isnt that where we want to be?

i) how do you define 'world class'

ii) what would you say Vincent Kompany or Hummels have done to prove they're qualifed for this subjective, often completely nonsensical tag?
I would consider "World Class" players should normally be in their national teams strongest formation and performing as one of the best players on the European stage at club level. Kompany and Hummels seem to qualify, but Lescott although a good PL player, falls short of "World Class" IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.