37 years without a trophy

rassclot said:
wodda said:
That is such a stupid bitter comment. What because certain teams were succesful when money poured into football that makes them responsible for what its become. It could have been any group of teams that won trophy after trophy,it could have been you, leeds, Norwich anyone. It happened to be us. Do you want me to feel bad because my team won trophies and didn't let other teams get a look in.

bullshit. united not only had all the prem money coming in at that time but also became a plc giving them untold riches, most of which was spent buying shed loads of top players & in the process breaking transfer records on a regular basis. until the start of the premier league united hadn't won the league since before city did. don't kid yourselves. united bought all their trophies for years after the formation of the prem.

Have a read through:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/manchester-city-transfers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier ... sfers.html</a>
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/manchester-united-transfers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier ... sfers.html</a>

It only goes as far back as when the prem started (nothing to do with me, couldn't find any website that goes further back)

Bit odd that your spending more than us for the first 4 seasons is it?

friend said:
I amazed that despite your claims that United fans are arrogant, you can have the arrogance to think that being a blue is far superior to being a red. Truly bizarre.

arrogant? nah, just extremely comfortable with our inner self.

oh and its better than being a rag twat.

de niro said:
friend said:
I amazed that despite your claims that United fans are arrogant, you can have the arrogance to think that being a blue is far superior to being a red. Truly bizarre.

arrogant? nah, just extremely comfortable with our inner self.

oh and its better than being a rag twat.

applause.gif

friend said:

I think you've missed the point.

The United fans are trying to suggest that supporting City is somehow detrimental or a waste of time due to the "lack of trophies".

The informed Blues are simply making it clear that OUR definition of supporting a football has an ethos which is VERY different to that of the United supporter.

Blues don't need to see the club lift trophies, but that doesn't mean to suggest we don't spur the team on in it's pursuit or success. Just that it isn't a prerequisite of what it means to be a Blue.

Not arrogant, just different.

I don't doubt that you believe it's better to be a blue than a red. I believe it's better to be a red than a blue. That's the way it works.

Mëtal Bikër said:
friend said:

The United fans are trying to suggest that supporting City is somehow detrimental or a waste of time due to the "lack of trophies".

The informed Blues are simply making it clear that OUR definition of supporting a football has an ethos which is VERY different to that of the United supporter.

Blues don't need to see the club lift trophies, but that doesn't mean to suggest we don't spur the team on in it's pursuit or success. Just that it isn't a prerequisite of what it means to be a Blue.

I also don't get that your ethos is different to mine. Because you sing 'we're still here'. We were still there when we got relegated in 74/75.

Mëtal Bikër said:
friend said:

You're argument is a joke, its such an easy thing to say 'you don't know what supporting a team is about because you've only ever known success' its true i'm 26 so I can remember 1990 onwards, nothing but winning or challenging. What am I supposed to do about that though, should I cut my allegiances with the team i've followed since I was a kid and follow a lesser team for a few years. Should I boo the team for winning because I want to know what it feels like to lose. One day our run will end as i've said. If you think that when that happens though OT will suddenly empty and there'll be an average attendance of 500 every match you're very deluded. Believe it or not the hardcore base of United fans is no different to any other clubs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.