3rd Test

Gelsons Dad said:
Were England’s selectors made of sterner stuff, they would drop Pietersen for the next Test – or make him captain – to distract him from worshipping at the temple of one. Those royally entertained by his sublime shots will find the suggestion harsh, especially as England had nobody else but he and Collingwood to make the running yesterday. But throwing your wicket away when you have the opposition on toast and are one down in the series is one of the great crimes in cricket and should not go unpunished should England lose this Test.

Derek Pringle in todays telegaph. I couldn't agree more.

Another 80 runs and we might be in with a shout today.

Maybe but I don't think it will happen, Ambrose looked awful yesterday so I reckon his concentration won't last long enough, the rest are just a formality.

Gelsons Dad said:
Were England’s selectors made of sterner stuff, they would drop Pietersen for the next Test – or make him captain – to distract him from worshipping at the temple of one. Those royally entertained by his sublime shots will find the suggestion harsh, especially as England had nobody else but he and Collingwood to make the running yesterday. But throwing your wicket away when you have the opposition on toast and are one down in the series is one of the great crimes in cricket and should not go unpunished should England lose this Test.

Derek Pringle in todays telegaph. I couldn't agree more.

Another 80 runs and we might be in with a shout today.

Perhaps you would drop Strauss who stood on his own wicket or Vaughan who has no form / runs this Summer, or Freddie who batted majestically yesterday for four deliveries.
I dont know the stats and cant be bothered to look them up but i would imagine Petersons average is double that of the rest of the team. The guy makes more runs than anyone in the team and you want to drop him! I think we all expect too much of him when he is at the crease.

Pietersen plays for hismself and nobody else. He winds me up. He has the potential to be the greatest batsmen in the worldbut he never will be. He only thinks about Kevin Pietersen. That why he never goes on to get huge scores, once he gets to 100 and is happy about his century he starts trying to hit sixes for fun. He's a nob

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.