4-2-3-1

Eds

Is now the time to tweak the formation and start with Ferny and either Garcia or Jimmy in the middle with Silva, Yaya and Samir further forward and Sergio up top. Releases Yaya further forward and doesn't leave the middle too exposed. Tough on the likes of Beast and Navas but I genuinely believe that formation will win us those tricky away games at the Emirates, Anfield and Goodison. We can blitz teams early doors and then go on cruise control and rotate the players

I prefer a 4-1-2-3 formation as most know which is a slightly more attacking variation of a 4-2-3-1. Recently when we've gone with just the lone striker, we've looked a lot more threatening and more balanced than with a 4-4-2 although it was noticeable that Dzeko dropped back really deep on a few occasions which effectively gave us a 3 man midfield at times.

I think if we need players to do this, that we have players better suited to playing as a No 10. The two wonder goals apart, we struggled to get through the massed Sunderland ranks and they caused us more problems than I was comfortable with, but ultimately its MP's call and you can't argue with silverware even though I think the starting selection and formation made life difficult for ourselves.

It was also noticable how quickly we went to a 3 man midfield once we were ahead and kept that shape until the end. Sunderland played like their lives depended on it and threatened us until the end which is understandable as it was their cup final metorphorically and literally.

Wll credit to Sunderland as they made ita final be proud of.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.