4-3-1-2

meldrew

With Viera coming can see us lining up a little differently in the middle. Viera says he want's games so if he wants to prove himself can see us lining up a bit like this for the next few games:

GIVEN

ZABALETA RICHARDS KOMPANY SYLVINHO

DE JONG VIERA BARRY

IRELAND

TEVEZ BELLAMY

Then when ACON is over and we have no new injuries:

GIVEN

ZABALETA TOURE KOMPANY LESCOTT

DE JONG VIERA BARRY

IRELAND(A) ROBINHO (H)

ADEBAYOR(H) BELLAMY(A) TEVEZ

Obviously not taking into account new signings but I feel the formation would be great for us with Ireland/Robinho and Adebayor/Bellamy changing for Home and Away games

Thoughts?

Vitek said:
I dont think that Uncle Patryck will start games.
I don't think he'd be joining us if that was the case. I'm delighted he's signing, but i worry for De Jong. I hope Mancini realises he has the future best DM in the world at the club. I'd hate to see Nigel gradually become a bit-part player and be snapped up by 'Arry on the cheap.

With the three man midfield you have De Jong as the tough tackler, Barry as the link up man from defence to attatck and Viera for driving everyone forward.

For me it would be one hell of a midfield, if worked at well in training and can honestly see that happening with Mancini's attention to giving people specific jobs!

Tricky_Trev said:
Vitek said:
I dont think that Uncle Patryck will start games.
I don't think he'd be joining us if that was the case. I'm delighted he's signing, but i worry for De Jong. I hope Mancini realises he has the future best DM in the world at the club. I'd hate to see Nigel gradually become a bit-part player and be snapped up by 'Arry on the cheap.

No way will this happen.

Why on earth would anyone want to take the width out of our side? Petrov, Shaun and Bellers have been 3 of our most effective players this season and the outlet these players provide has proved crucial in our goalscoring. As soon as city sign anyone, everyone draws up formations too accomodate these players; football is a SQUAD game.

meldrew said:
With the three man midfield you have De Jong as the tough tackler, Barry as the link up man from defence to attatck and Viera for driving everyone forward.

For me it would be one hell of a midfield, if worked at well in training and can honestly see that happening with Mancini's attention to giving people specific jobs!

I'm not sure - a bit narrow for my liking... I think the 442 we've been playing so far is better.

I dont like this formation at all, most of our goals this season have come thru the pace of bellers, petrov and sweep down the wings cutting in field or crossing the ball, this formation in my opinion doesnt have a place for any of these players to do what they do best, id rather no viera and continue as we are than let these 3 bench warm

I think this is what Mancini has in mind.

Better control of the game and more balance.

In terms of width one of the pair strikers will play wide, probably to the left. While on the right Micah has space to move up.

The drawback of 4-3-3 is the two wingers have to backtrack for defense. Not all the wingers we have can do this well except Bellamy and Phillips, even so they will run out of steam.

The new 4-3-1-2 will allow the likes of Robinho to flourish. He can play wide or central attacking midfielder without worrying at all about defense.

It's about build up and patience now. Not thrusting foward, burning our opponents and in the process, ourselves.

4-4-2. With a choice of any 2 from Tevez,Robinho,RSC,Adebayor or Bellamy up front, I reckon we will stick with a four man midfield, SWP will provide width on the right in the middle we have options Barry and Viera will possibly be our best combo but De Jong and Ireland will have something to say about that, and Petrov looks like he is cementing a place for himself on the left, we can make ourselves a lot more solid by playing either Zabba on the right or moving Barry over to the left, either way we have a player with vast experince of this league at the very highest level and we have players that will be desperate to be a part of this team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.