4-4-2

we are all aware robinho is a left sided player. the question was, does he or can he play second striker to which the simple answer is YES.....

city stew said:
Feed-The-Goat said:
if you play robbie off RSC then what would you do with Tevez and Eto'o? I know they could be rotated but i doubt either of them 2 would like to be bench warming much

they aint our players yet iam assuming that is why they aint on the team .... so until they are we cant say eto here tevez there .... imho

oh FFS im replying to a post which states if we have eto'o and tevez!!! read the OP!

smiles said:
we are all aware robinho is a left sided player. the question was, does he or can he play second striker to which the simple answer is YES.....

I have never seen him play a second striker role at any of the clubs he has been at or for Brazil. I don't think he would suit a central position, he would have to up his work rate if he played central.

Feed-The-Goat said:
havelocke said:
Feed-The-Goat said:
if you play robbie off RSC then what would you do with Tevez and Eto'o? I know they could be rotated but i doubt either of them 2 would like to be bench warming much

Ah....this is why I asked the question....

Hughes had his success at Blackburn using two wingers and big Santa upfront.

The question was, regardless of new signings.....would be try it again, do you think?

Previously we haven't had the stongest midfield and so needed to play three in the middle.
But with the addition of barry, is that still the case?

Food for thought

and thats what im asking people who are saying play robbie off RSC

and as for the sarcastic twat earlier saying tevez and eto'o dont play for us, i simply put them in the equasion as the OP was asking if we had them!!!!!!

Easy with the "twat" comments! If we were in the pub having this conversation id have punched you in the face for calling me that when you dont know me! I wasnt being sarcastic neither pal!

With the players we already have at the club, I think we are in a strong position regardless of whether we sign Tevez,
E'Too etc...

We can can play a variety of formations, and have a much stronger midfield ( which got over-run at times away from home)

our problem last season wasnt scoring goals.....it was defending.
;-)

As they say, horses for courses......

kiam06 said:
smiles said:

I have never seen him play a second striker role at any of the clubs he has been at or for Brazil. I don't think he would suit a central position, he would have to up his work rate if he played central.

I think i read somewhere that in the last copa america robinho played upfront and ended up top scorer with 6 but generally i would agree with you and say his best position is cutting in from the left. i dont think his workrate is that bad i think he is just shit at defending and doesnt know how to tackle.

Has to be 4-3-3

Robbie will be on the left of RSC and either SWP or Elano to his right. If we get Eto or Tevez that is where they would slot in with SWP as back up and Elano off to Inter.

Midfield would see Barry on the left of Ireland and de Jong to Ireland’s right.

I will leave you to sort out the back 4. We need to strengthen this so we have to have a commanding centre back, preferably a left sided one although with Barry on the left of midfield the left back will not be as exposed as last season.

Most people seem to be forgetting about De Jong/Kompany. I don't see how we can play two strikers, robinho/petrov, swp, barry and ireland at the same time.

That would leave us very exposed at the back. One of those is going to be the odd one out and it's hard to say who it will be. My guess is it will be a 4-3-3 like last year with barry, ireland and de jong/kompany in the middle with robinho left, swp right and roque up top. i think bellamy should be good playing anywhere in the front 3. i don't know where tevez fits in if he signs?

I think Bellamy is natural cover for Robbie and would be a good ‘shock sub’ coming on for him to test the tired legs of defenders in the last 20 minutes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.