4.4 Magnitude Earthquake in Los Angeles

SebastianBlue

President, International Julian Alvarez Fan Club
I was on holiday in California with my (then) Dutch girlfriend, soon to be first (now, ex-) wife in 1989 and we were staying just outside San Jose for a reason that defeats me. Anyway, she wakes me up in the middle of the night screaming with the hotel room wobbling from side to side (I remember to this day the painting on the wall penduluming). She eventually woke me up and I said "Go to sleep, it's probably just an earthquake" and went back to sleep. She was furious the next morning. Presumably all night actually but, as I said, I just went back to sleep so I wouldn't know. Two months later, the big one hit California.

That was quite a trip. We almost got hit by lightning at the Grand Canyon as well. I swear a lightning bolt hit the middle of the road, of all places, about 50 yards in front of us. First time I had ever seen a woman with a square mouth, frozen in shock. Never a dull moment with me around :)

Last edited:
I was on holiday in California with my (then) Dutch girlfriend, soon to be first (now, ex-) wife in 1989 and we were staying just outside San Jose for a reason that defeats me. Anyway, she wakes me up in the middle of the night screaming with the hotel room wobbling from side to side (I remember to this day the painting on the wall penduluming). She eventually woke me up and I said "Go to sleep, it's probably just an earthquake" and went back to sleep. She was furious the next morning. Presumably all night actually but, as I said, I just went back to sleep so I wouldn't know. Two months later, the big one hit California.

That was quite a trip. We almost got hit by lightning at the Grand Canyon as well. I swear a lightning bolt hit the middle of the road, of all places, about 50 years in front of us. First time I had ever seen a woman with a square mouth, frozen in shock. Never a dull moment with me around :)
I knew a couple who were blown apart by lightning hiking in the mountains. They found their bodies on either side of the trail and evidence of over a hundred lightning strikes in the vicinity

That was quite a trip. We almost got hit by lightning at the Grand Canyon as well. I swear a lightning bolt hit the middle of the road, of all places, about 50 years in front of us. First time I had ever seen a woman with a square mouth, frozen in shock. Never a dull moment with me around :)
50 Years?? You still have time then? :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.