40 pages, perhaps a ban?

Plaything of the gods said:
chris63 said:
Former Manchester United chief executive David Gill has been handed power by UEFA to recommend bans on clubs such as rivals Manchester City and Chelsea, who may find themselves in breach of new European Financial Fair Play rules.

Having stepped down from his post at Old Trafford at the end of last season to become a UEFA executive member, Gill has now been appointed chairman of the governing body’s extremely influential Club Licensing Committee.

The committee essentially decides which clubs are entitled to licences to play Champions League and Europa League football. This will become increasingly important as UEFA’s FFP rules shape the landscape of European football in the coming years.

Gill is a known advocate of FFP and one of four Barclays Premier League chiefs who proposed similar rules be implemented in English domestic football back in January.

He said 18 months ago that the new European system would only work if ‘appropriate sanctions’ were imposed on those who missed the targets. Sanctions already discussed by UEFA president Michel Platini have included fines and, for severe offences, competition bans.

Gill’s appointment will certainly raise eyebrows at clubs such as City and Chelsea who are currently striving to ensure their losses are no greater than the 845million (£38m) limit allowed by FFP across last and next season.

Both clubs have been used to viewing Gill as a rival in recent years and it will not have escaped their attention that the 55-year-old is to remain a United director and board member, despite handing over the chief executive baton to Ed Woodward.

On Monday night, a UEFA spokeswoman confirmed that Gill’s committee will have an influence over whether clubs’ finances entitle them to play in major European competition.

This is despite that fact that the Club Financial Control Body will go through individual clubs’ finances initially to see if they meet the targets set by FFP. Gill will play no role in this part of the process.
Also http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...se-with-city-over-financial-role-8662638.html
David Gill, the former Manchester United chief executive who has been an ardent advocate of Financial Fair Play (FFP), will chair the Uefa committee with ultimate power to recommend bans on clubs in breach of the new spending rules.

After becoming a Uefa executive committee member, Gill (below) has been appointed to chair the club licensing committee, a move which could antagonise Manchester City, who hope to reduce £97m losses to the aggregate €45m (£38m) limit allowable by FFP across last and next season.

A Uefa spokeswoman said that the licensing committee will have influence over whether clubs' finances entitle them to a licence to play Champions League or Europa League football.

Gill's committee "monitors the implementation and achievement of the objectives of the Uefa club licensing system" – which analysts believe would allow it to make new recommendations about clubs' entitlement to a licence, if FFP is not seen to be working out as intended.

Gill, who remains a United board member, will exert no control over of Uefa's Club Financial Control Body (CFCB), which will next month begin combing through the accounts of clubs who want to compete in European competitions. But his committee will oversee the entire licensing system.

The leading FFP analyst Daniel Geey, a solicitor and sports lawyer with Field Fisher Waterhouse, has raised the prospect of a club finding itself in breach of FFP by the CFCB just as they reach the semi-finals of next season's Champions League – and thus being expelled – or even having the title withdrawn after lifting the trophy.

That is because the CFCB will only be able to verify whether a club has complied with the financial rules after accounts from both the 2011-12 and the 2012-13 seasons have been received. For clubs, whose year end is March, the accounts won't be available until next season's knockout stages. "If a non-compliant club wins the Champions League in May 2014, they could be sanctioned by having their title removed," Geey wrote.

"The licensing requirements would not bar that club from participating in the competition in the first place. From Uefa's perspective, it is difficult to see how they can get the requisite financial information earlier in order to make decisions."
Does this mean he will have access to the financial accounts of the other clubs? If to have that access isn't a conflict of interest, I don't know what is.

the mind boggles on how a director on the board of any football club can have power to stop other clubs competing in a different role he also has for uefa!!!!!!! :O

only in football!

Prestwich_Blue said:
PistonBlue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Chill out guys. Everything's under control. We're dead safe and what could be better than one of the directors of our bitterest rival telling the world that.

Dead safe in terms of meeting FFP targets? Or dead safe in terms of FFP most likely not being compliant with EU law?
I believe we will meet FFP as I've always said so safe in that respect but I meant safe in terms of no significant penalties being imposed even if we don't (as long as we don't take the piss).

Wouldn't surprise me if Gill at this very moment was conjuring up ways of moving the goalposts for when we meet FFP.

remember arthur mann said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
PistonBlue said:
Dead safe in terms of meeting FFP targets? Or dead safe in terms of FFP most likely not being compliant with EU law?
I believe we will meet FFP as I've always said so safe in that respect but I meant safe in terms of no significant penalties being imposed even if we don't (as long as we don't take the piss).

Wouldn't surprise me if Gill at this very moment was conjuring up ways of moving the goalposts for when we meet FFP.

I don't actually want us to meet their FFP terms, I want it challenged and destroyed.

PistonBlue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

I don't actually want us to meet their FFP terms, I want it challenged and destroyed.

I disagree,i think we should play ball and let one of the French clubs challenge it.

Isn`t Tw*tini`s son on the board or a lawyer for PSG?

whipper said:
PistonBlue said:

I disagree,i think we should play ball and let one of the French clubs challenge it.

Isn`t Tw*tini`s son on the board or a lawyer for PSG?

Definately going to be Monaco to be the first club to challenge, especially if there first season in Ligue 1 doesn't result in a top two finish. Either them of PSG, then the whole thing will collapse and I for one can't wait. I want to see what happened to our club happen again to another club in the prem so their fans can experience what we have.

I'd love us to completely fuck off FFP and go on a spending spree but it's just not good business. Our owners are here for the long haul and if this twat (Gill) was to "report" us then we'll have the best lawyers in place to fight any challenge.

It screams to me of a bully who's gone for years bullying everyone else, then a new kid moves in who could bully him as he's bigger, so the bully then goes running to the teacher to tell them of all the wrong this new kids doing.

I can understand the wish of the authorities in stopping clubs going the way of Leeds and Pompey, but the whole world of business runs around companies making profits one year and losses another. That's how it all works. BP, for example, ran up huge losses in the Gulf of Mexico just a few short years ago but were able to get over it in time, yet if UEFA were running the oil industry, BP would have been banned for it.

I don't see any problem with football clubs going on massive spending sprees as long as these clubs are capitalised for it. The problem, as Gill, Dyke and Platini ought to be seeing it is when clubs go on these sprees AND LADEN THEMSELVES WITH DEBT, as Leeds did, and in doing so land themselves in deep deep trouble.

City are devoid of debt, unlike a certain other 'business' which half shares our name.

I'm surprised we even go to the bother of playing the seasons games at all the way these bleating biatches carry on .!!!!

Why not GIVE the scum every trophy NOW.They are so £££king desperate.it makes me vomit.

Then smarmy tw@t GILL,bacon face , their mug smug "fans"..." sly" and "red top"news papers can have a little circle jerk,and the whole world will be a happier place.

I'll save 790 quid on my season ticket and over a grand a year on sky and a lot more on petrol beer and food at the ground and club shop.
Then I'll p!ss off to the Maldives for a few weeks with the money I've saved.

I nearly tw@tted the scum tosser who owns the local shop the other day, never seen the turd for a year there he is giving it the Garfield grin.

Condescendingly asking about "unproven" Pellegrini,The delusional mug....... I just walked out laughing saying "I'll take him any day of the week,it could have been a hell of a lot worse we could've got loser Moyes"..... I actually visualised myself doing untold damage to his wobbly chops.

I'll tell you why we won't..... it's because we are CITY we WILL be the biggest club in world football The scum know it .....everyone else knows it and they are sh1tting themselves.

Rant over ... I theng yow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.