40k for the Semi but Spurs sold out.

Corky said:
League games are all almost sold out to season ticket holders before they go on sale, there are probably only 4/5k available.

You would think Porto would be cheap, especially if the Champions' League Cup Scheme is extended.
With a Wednesday 5pm kick off it has to be cheap. The uptake for a game at that time with tickets £35 would be very, very poor.

I've been priced out of both the FA cup game and the semi. I'm a season ticket holder but, I'm a stay at home Dad and rely on money from my Wife. I cant really justify asking her for best part of £80 for both games or even £37 for one.

It is funny how things have shifted since the 1960s. Then FA Cup matches produced far bigger crowds than League matches. League Cup matches generally had worse attendances.

For example the 1965-66 season stands out. City stated the season with crowds of around 20,000 and built up as the promotion drive gathered momentum and ended up at around 30,000. There were a few big crowds in the League, notably 47,000 against Huddersfield on New Years' Day.

In the FA Cup City had 52,661 for a replay against Blackpool. Then the 4th round match against Grimsby attracted 37,918. The Leicester match 5th round match produced 56,787. Everton were drawn in the 6th round and 63,034 tickets were sold out in a couple of hours on a Sunday morning.

Now City can sell out in a league match against Stoke a few days before Christmas but are finding tickets against United in the FA Cup slow to move.

Some things don't change. In the 1965-66 season the lowest crowd of the season was 13,246 against Leicester in the League Cup 2nd round. The 3rd round match against Coventry was not much better at 18,213.

Three years later a match against Liverpool in the 3rd round of the League Cup only attracted around 28,000 although in later rounds there were 40,000 plus crowds.

ChorltonAzzurro said:
I've been priced out of both the FA cup game and the semi. I'm a season ticket holder but, I'm a stay at home Dad and rely on money from my Wife. I cant really justify asking her for best part of £80 for both games or even £37 for one.

I'm in the same boat, looks like i'll be looking for a new job in Feb so have pulled out of all the cup schemes, it's not just one ticket for me, it's 4 or 5 and i'm not going on my own.

the big difference is prices compared with now, it is a lot more expensive to go to games, a lot of people cant afford it. also you could pay on the day no probs, which made it a lot easier

WNRH said:
ChorltonAzzurro said:

I'm in the same boat, looks like i'll be looking for a new job in Feb so have pulled out of all the cup schemes, it's not just one ticket for me, it's 4 or 5 and i'm not going on my own.
Same with me. Managed to get one for the United game but can't afford the Semi.

No need to justify why you cant go. If you cant afford it then you cant afford it. The ticket prices are too high for both games unless on cup scheme in FA Cup.

I reckon the scousers and the rags had something to do with setting these prices though.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
No need to justify why you cant go. If you cant afford it then you cant afford it. The ticket prices are too high for both games unless on cup scheme in FA Cup.

I reckon the scousers and the rags had something to do with setting these prices though.

Definately.

If the tickets were pitched at £20 for United and £15 for Liverpool there would have been a quick sell out for both matches.

It doesn't help that the two matches started at 70 points and have now gone up to 100 points for online sales.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.