#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
7 games over the next 3 weeks and I think we will see him start in at least 3/4 of them. Playing him yesterday against a big team was a statement and I think we'll see him start against Oxford on Wednesday making it 3 consecutive starts in the team.

It's all about momentum now and he's forcing his way into this side with his performances and much needed energy. I think he'll be a constant in our big games going forward because of the latter, as it means that a Rodri/Gundogan pairing becomes more viable, due to his speed/work rate in closing down, which has sorely been lacking when Silva's been involved in the 4-4-2 setup.

The leagues as good as gone now, so Foden breaking through and becoming a star this season will be the saving grace. He has a real chance of making the England squad for the March fixtures if he continues to get games and perform as he is. I want to see him at the Euro's in the summer.

7 games over the next 3 weeks and I think we will see him start in at least 3/4 of them. Playing him yesterday against a big team was a statement and I think we'll see him start against Oxford on Wednesday making it 3 consecutive starts in the team.

It's all about momentum now and he's forcing his way into this side with his performances and much needed energy. I think he'll be a constant in our big games going forward because of the latter, as it means that a Rodri/Gundogan pairing becomes more viable, due to his speed/work rate in closing down, which has sorely been lacking when Silva's been involved in the 4-4-2 setup.

The leagues as good as gone now, so Foden breaking through and becoming a star this season will be the saving grace. He has a real chance of making the England squad for the March fixtures if he continues to get games and perform as he is. I want to see him at the Euro's in the summer.
I don't want him anywhere near the England team. Id like him to have the summer off, he will have to take on a big workload next year.

I thought he played ok yesterday, didn't get a lot of the ball but worked hard, played some good football and was a solid 60mins.

I don't want him anywhere near the England team. Id like him to have the summer off, he will have to take on a big workload next year.

I thought he played ok yesterday, didn't get a lot of the ball but worked hard, played some good football and was a solid 60mins.
I don't want him in the senior england team either,when things go wrong it's our players that get the blame,they would destroy him if the team fuck up the euro's,it won't be a spuds,rag or dipper players who carry the can

Normally I'd agree, but he's not going to be used a ton this season all things considered and young enough that the missed time off shouldn't matter too much. I actually kind of like the idea of him going to a big tournament that he won't play much in also, training around more senior players, maybe picking up a thing or two here and there. We want him going into next season with the confidence to slot into a starting role and breaking into the England side would only help.

You might not, but I can assure you Phil himself will and it will be a disappointment for him not to make it alongside his peers he's grown up playing football with.

Just wow! I knew that Foden was special - but the lad is far better than I thought, not having watched him enough in past years.

Although I think that Pep's comment about Foden being the best he's ever coached is hyperbole... it's not far off the mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.