#47 | Phil Foden - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the whole, he didn't play especially well against Atletico Madrid at their place, but he did his job as the striker. He got under the skin of Savic. For whatever reason, Savic just doesn't like Foden. He was instrumental in having created the chaotic environment and the time-wasting.

As far as I'm concerned regarding that red at the end, Foden did the refs job by finally sending off their players.

Sure he playacted a bit but that asshole had it coming, and Foden knew the only thing this ref knows is playacting.

These refs can only blame themselves, when teams like Atletico get so much favour from these playacting tactics don't be surprised that honest teams end up resorting to it now and then to force you to do your job.

kinda wish he had more pace several times he got caught too easily when trying to break. I still see him long term in the KDB position.
He’s got a brilliant turn of pace which will help him become the best number 8 in the world when he finally plays there regularly. He’s also left a few fullbacks for dead down the wings this season. Agree he’s not got searing pace to usually go from the halfway line like Sterling can if down the middle. Ultimately shouldn’t matter once we get a striker an he stops having to do the deadman’s shift for the team.

According to Barney Ronay in the Guardian;

Scampering scoundrel Phil Foden beats Diego Simeone at his own game​

I know this guy is a complete c**t but this did make me laugh a bit:

And at this point Foden was having a decent game drifting to that side, later rolling a horrible low cross through the six-yard box where the folksy, semi-mythical figure of The Manchester City Centre-Forward – some say he has hind legs like a rabbit and stands 12ft tall – flickered mournfully at the edge of things.

It is no wonder someone has written that the number of low crosses we put into the space our non existent CF should be. Soon though, soon.

The media agenda this morning is slowly turning to we countered shithousery with shithousery rather than steely determination.

kinda wish he had more pace several times he got caught too easily when trying to break. I still see him long term in the KDB position.
I think at that stage in the second half he was knackered and battered, he cann normally move faster than that.

The old quote comes to mind

“If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you".​

Phil truely is becoming 'the man'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.