#47 | Phil Foden - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish Pep would let the lads of their leash a little bit more. Phil could have roasted Carvajal a few times last night but he drags at back and it passes it along. Just drive at your man, make something happen.

I agree with that. If he wanted to he could have easily taken him on. Seems to be getting his creative side coached out of him sometimes

It had been pointed out to me (and I had noticed myself) by my non City supporting mates the amount of time our Phil now spends on his arse whinging at the ref - a habit learnt from his new buddy Jack perhaps? I hope he grows out of it and goes back to the lad we all know and love.....
Leave the non city supporting mates to lap up the media bullshit

Rewatched some of the game today.

And I thought that the first shot by Grealish was actually meant to be a cross for Foden but Foden was a bit hesitated there. Mendy got the chance to clear it off the line. It was then hit Foden's foot by accident and sadly it went to the wrong direction.

Honestly thinking this was the best chance we had - even better than Mahrez's goal.

I don't think that Foden was comfortably to play F9 position. A natural striker will make sure to keep Mendy in touch and block Mendy from gaining access the ball.

After the first half hour it was clearly that he had very little joy on the LW and same as Jesus in the middle. They had to switch to cook something better.

Maybe it is only me but I feel that Foden is more suitable for midfield or a right winger role than a left winger/false 9. His natural left foot means he can do more "half turn" on the right half space rather than left half space. On the left wing, he can still use his pace to dibble - it is nice to watch but a simple outlet role is a very limited way to use a talented player.

Most of the successful wingers in the past decade are all inverted wingers like Messi/CR7 etc. Playing as a left footed on the left wing - limits the angle to cooperate with the other players in the middle.

Hopefully when Haaland arrives next season, Foden will have more chances on the right wing and midfield.

I think it would benefit him if he could play in the same position week in week out. The same with all our players often given different roles and rotated even if they'd played well.

It had been pointed out to me (and I had noticed myself) by my non City supporting mates the amount of time our Phil now spends on his arse whinging at the ref - a habit learnt from his new buddy Jack perhaps? I hope he grows out of it and goes back to the lad we all know and love.....
Good. Jack doesn’t win all the free kicks he does because referees in this league are good enough to spot the fouls. I hope Phil learns how to win a foul like Jack and give one like Fern.

That's how you make an impact. Made sense for him not to start today after midweek but has to start the next 3

wtf-is-this-john.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.