47000 my arse!

Kippax was uncomfortably full that day, was on the main bit towards windy corner. Seem to recall several fans going over the white wall at the front to create some more space, iirc there was a lowish blue railing fence between the wall and pitchside.

A great day after the fook up at Notts County. I had just come back from the Falklands on the Saturday when we beat Portsmouth. Getting out of the Kippax onto the pitch was Scary. We pulled my mate out like a cork out of a bottle. I could feel the shear weight of the Kippax on me as i got over the wall.

Thanks for posting.

I still have the programme for this in a frame somewhere along with the ticket.

In the commentary in mentioned missing out on promotion by 1/200th of a goal previously. Anyone enlighten me to the circumstances?

Thanks for posting.

I still have the programme for this in a frame somewhere along with the ticket.

In the commentary in mentioned missing out on promotion by 1/200th of a goal previously. Anyone enlighten me to the circumstances?
1927 commentator said .

Got the bus from moston with my mate then we walked from town.i remember getting to maine Road and it was just a sea of blue.when the first goal when in my mate fell over and I dragged him up before the crush.i had never seen the Kippax so full.it was a great day.

Queued up for half an hour to get 3 pints in. Got back to my seat just as we scored our first-Philips I think. Needless to say the beer went everywhere! Great day and way more than 47000 there that day.

Same day as the Bradford fire, remember hearing about it on the news coming home, then seeing the horrific images on the news later

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.