50 years a Blue

manclad

City boys we are here,sh*g your women and drink yo
Today is the 50th anniversary of the first City game I attended as a young boy, 5th March 1966 vs. Leicester City in the FA Cup at Maine Road. My Dad took me and we stood on the old Scoreboard end near the wall at the front,and the game ended in a 2-2 draw,with Neil Young scoring both goals. I have managed to attend 9 Cup Finals(1 being a replay) and 4 FA Cup semi- finals in those 50 years and watch City win the League 3 times. But I have also seen us relegated a few times and also yo-yo up and down the leagues for a few years.
Be interesting to see what the next 50 years brings for this great and historic football club that we Bluemooners support.

Fortunate soul Sir
A family affair I'm sure
Here's to you your father and all those you pass the Blue down to

seen it all alright, I hit 50 years last august. little did we know what we were letting ourselves in for. would we change a thing? would we fuck. some teams have won a lot more than us but whatever happens they will never ever feel what we did when aguero won us the league. yes the timing of the goal and the sheer drama all added to the occasion but it was the journey getting there that made it special, that made our hearts almost burst with relief and excitement. no team will ever ever have that. even our younger fans there that day will never understand simply because of the sheer number of let downs and false daws we experienced. I am abolutley blessed being an old old blue.

well done op. enjoy your memories.

Fortunate soul Sir
A family affair I'm sure
Here's to you your father and all those you pass the Blue down to
My youngest daughter Jennifer is a very keen City fan,in fact she is going to the game with me this afternoon.
My Dad will be 90 later this year and although he no longer attends matches in person he always watches games that on TV.

Well done mate, I've got 5 years to go yet to hit 50 from my first game.

Fucking brilliant isn't it being a blue? Nothing can give you the highs and lows like City.

Same as if I new what i was letting my self in for I would have followed tennis instead lol, you are right though very interesting what the next 50 years bring

jcl :) talk about the long and winding road. Nothing in our history has prepared us for what is unfolding before our eyes, almost cinderella like. I still miss the atmosphere, the mighty roar as the teams came out, but that is about all. At least us vets experienced it, for which i am grateful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.