50 years a Blue

A lovely thread - an antidote to all the others where people have a go at each other. Some cracking posts on here from long-standing Blues.

Just think, by a freak of birth or nurture, we might have been rags!

a thread that actually warms the soul for once :-) A lovely thread to read first thing in the morning.

I will be celebrating my 21st year on july 15th this year. (the day kinky signed)

im a mere spring chicken compared to a lot of you old uns!

Today is the 50th anniversary of the first City game I attended as a young boy, 5th March 1966 vs. Leicester City in the FA Cup at Maine Road. My Dad took me and we stood on the old Scoreboard end near the wall at the front,and the game ended in a 2-2 draw,with Neil Young scoring both goals. I have managed to attend 9 Cup Finals(1 being a replay) and 4 FA Cup semi- finals in those 50 years and watch City win the League 3 times. But I have also seen us relegated a few times and also yo-yo up and down the leagues for a few years.
Be interesting to see what the next 50 years brings for this great and historic football club that we Bluemooners support.

my dad first took me in 1957 at the age of 4, i feel as if we`ve shared the same journey

i feel blessed 8-)

59 Years now for me,first went when i was 6.Still a regular home and away.All my Kids 2 Lads and 1 Daughter and grand kids 2 who live in Greece my brother in America are blues.My Dad used to go City one week and Scum next week to keep his neighbour who was a red happy.Lived in Moss Side.Seen the Good Times and the Bad.Highlights were the ECWC Final in Vienna where i got Tommy Booths shirt went with Stuart Gibson(son of the Stan the groundsman at Maine Road)and Sergios winner 93:20 against QPR.My next door but one neighbour is Dave Ewings wife who i go and see reguarly and talk with her about the old days.To all you young ones Enjoy this era.Met some great people along the way.ONCE A BLUE ALWAYS A BLUE.CTID

my favourite thread at the moment this.makes great reading. its great how we all have stand out games. Ali B at Birmingham, the twattings we gave the rags in the late 60's. my first hero was johnny crossan, followed by my now all time favourite player Alan Oakes. I remember once going to turf moor on a charabanc, got dumped outside the pub with the proverbal lemonade and crisps whilst the adults went in for a pint. Sheffield utd away when they shared the cricket pitch, can you imaging that nowadays :0) as others have said, you kids enjoys these times, we took our wins for granted, i'll never do that again.

58 years for me. Went with my late Father,Uncle & elder brother. V Blackburn I think.

What a journey & experience......wouldn't have missed it for the world ( including the battles of Boothen & Bramall Lane !!!)

Been lucky to have been at all the great moments through the generations....even went to Cardiff FA Cup match away in the '60s on an open stepped double decker bus from Maynes !!

The current era is truly remarkable but the old days were were also fantastic.

My life force is to see the rags humiliated,belittled,ridiculed whilst CITY March on.

This is now CITY time......tick tock.....tick tock.

Yeah first game at three so my dad said sat on the crash barrier eating apples lol wish I knew which game it was first away sheff weds 68/69 55years where did they go.

Dad started taking me in the early sixties I can't remember when or much about the games, just losing and reading the programme, the 50 jigger football specials from Belle Vue, wish he could be here to see things we are going through now, still he had Peter Doherty Frank Swift and Colin to worship.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.