6 Nations 2018

. .Oh well guess that's it until next week when all the English surface an hour before kick off. Sweet chariot my arse. Still think Wales will get beat.

Gaz you done well at the Weekend so i think with the Welsh once they get on a roll so hard to stop at times. Ireland and Johnny Sexton my god he missed a sitter of a pen and I thought when he was going for it from so far out not a chance he is going to get it. What a kick to win it. The play at times from Ireland was poor at the weekend some handling errors but we still got the win. I will take that in Paris. Think that French team may well get better and better as the 6 nations go on.

Only down point Van Der Flier getting his injury. If he is out long term would love to see Tadhg Beirne coming into the squad from Scarlets but with him not playing in Ireland might not happen. Also Rob Kearney may miss out for the Italy game to give Jordan Larmour a run out in the full back spot.

Poor start to the competition for me, Scotland didn't turn up so Wales obviously cruised to a win, Ireland v France was a poor game despite the dramatic finish, England showed some flashes of what they are capable of but spilled the ball in the contact too much and tried to play too much rugby, instead of doing the basics well and building off it, they kicked possession away far too much in the second half too. All in all, despite the scoreline, for me Italy are the only nation that came out of the first weekend with any credit, they look a very much improved team and I can see them doing some damage this year, they will not be 6th that's for sure, unless they improve markedly, Scotland have the wooden spoon sewn up for me..!

Some good games this weekend. Ireland score a shit load of trys but yet again another injury this time to Henshaw which looks like could rule him out for the rest of the 6 Nations also Furlong who hopefully wont miss too many games. Some times your looking at some of the hits and wondering just how many hits a rugby player can take before they get injured.
The Scots back with a bang with a great win over France. It was a exciting game.
Then England getting the win. Does anyone know why Wales were not given that try in the game?? As i am confused to fuck a game changing decision fucked up.

Does anyone know why Wales were not given that try in the game?? As i am confused to fuck a game changing decision fucked up.

Seems like they've changed the ruling as to what can be considered a try.
Downward pressure on the ball only is now not deemed sufficient, and an 'element' of 'control' is required.

Downward pressure on the ball only is now not deemed sufficient, and an 'element' of 'control' is required.

The World rugby site has this as in the try law:
  1. A try is scored when an attacking player:
    1. Is first to ground the ball in the opponents’ in-goal, against the opponents’ goal post or its surrounding padding.

The World rugby site has this as in the try law:
  1. A try is scored when an attacking player:
    1. Is first to ground the ball in the opponents’ in-goal, against the opponents’ goal post or its surrounding padding.

So it seems to be what the interpretation of 'grounding' is.
Downward pressure only on the ball doesn't now seem to be sufficient to be considered 'grounding', on the basis that there also needs to be an element of control.

For the record, i believe that should have been a legit try.

So it seems to be what the interpretation of 'grounding' is.
Downward pressure only on the ball doesn't now seem to be sufficient to be considered 'grounding', on the basis that there also needs to be an element of control.

For the record, i believe that should have been a legit try.

It was odd - none of the ITV studio people, or the BBC the day after thought the decision was correct. It's rare that they all agree.

It was odd - none of the ITV studio people, or the BBC the day after thought the decision was correct. It's rare that they all agree.

Yeah. the commentator on the stream i was watching it on kept emphasising the lack of 'control' part of the grounding as the reason likely that it wasn't given.
Don't know if this is some sort of new directive or something, but the Welsh guy got his hand down on the ball and it then sorta squirmed forward. I think it likely that had the ball stopped dead or gone slightly backwards it would have been awarded no problem.

That inconsistency relating to grounding extends to RL too.

If you watch a close-up, slow-mo of the video, it appears the ball may have been knocked on just before grounding.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.