60 years ago tonight was my first ever City game 1962.

32 years ago next Wednesday was my first.

How time flies when you’re getting old as ****.
Dementia is so cruel and sad. Don’t know who you were watching as MCFC were only formed in 2007 and won their first trophy in 2011..
My first was in September 1984 at Maine Road when we beat Blackpool in the Milk Cup. I’d only been in Manchester a few weeks.
25 years of mainly misery in Manchester followed by 15 years of WTF in Somerset!!

1969 March FA Cup quarter final at Maine Rd v Tottenham. Got to Maine Rd about half twelve, straight in to the Score Board as soon as gates opened. It started filling up with Spurs so went through tanner transfer gate into the Kippax. A battle broke out at the railing between the Kippax and Scoreboard saw a copper carried out bleeding from a head wound shutting myself iwad only 12. Watched the match from the front of the Kippax, Franny scored the only goal of the game quite late on. 53 years later still look back on it as one of the greatest days of my life. Ignited a life long passion that has brought me great joy and utter misery, but the last ten years mainly joy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.