7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been thinking about something and I might get roasted for this but it's no coincidence that Cancelo suddenly became great when Aguero got injured after the restart and never found his legs again.

It's because when we didn't have a center forward he could be an 8 or a 10. We could in effect have 3 8's with a false 9.

And now that we have Haaland.. it's again Cancelo who's production has dropped off.

Pep has tried creating that space for him but that's when teams hit us on the counter!

We just don't have space for him anymore and with his attitude in the dressing room.. it's becoming clear:

Cancelo isn't a solution, Cancelo is a problem!

I don’t think he has a position. That’s half the problem with him. He’s defo not a full back. Someone said it previously ‘he’s a flamboyant player’. I reckon that sums him up well.

The way pep said Mr Cancelo tells you everything about Cancelo and his attitude when not playing every game the Portugal coach dropped him in the World Cup and he moaned about it in public! Bet Pep wants him out as soon as possible
Anyone have a link to that interview? If he’s actually referred to him as “Mr Cancelo” then it really is the end of the road for him. Sold asap.

If there's on flaw with Guardiola it's that he seems to lose faith in players very quickly. Nolito threw a few headbutts but should have been afforded more chances as a player in a new country. Delphi got a couple harsh reds at a time the opposition were getting away with butchery on us, barely got a game after.

Now Cancelo and Fodan have had a tiff & drop off the face of the earth when the team is struggling for creativity. The manager making veiled barbs at Cancelo in interviews, all need to stop acting like children and get on with it.

If there's on flaw with Guardiola it's that he seems to lose faith in players very quickly. Nolito threw a few headbutts but should have been afforded more chances as a player in a new country. Delphi got a couple harsh reds at a time the opposition were getting away with butchery on us, barely got a game after.

Now Cancelo and Fodan have had a tiff & drop off the face of the earth when the team is struggling for creativity. The manager making veiled barbs at Cancelo in interviews, all need to stop acting like children and get on with it.
You might have some valid points, I’m not sure. What I do know is the Guardiola has been our most successful manager EVER. On that basis, I’m fully supportive of him. I’m not saying he’s 100% right all of the time, non of us are,.. however, having supported our club through the Alan Ball, Frank Clark, Steve Coppell Phil Neal, Frank Clark eras, I’m prepared to give him ( Pep) my vote of confidence.

And now that we have Haaland.. it's again Cancelo who's production has dropped off.
Was he the only one who's production dropped off? What happened to Kev who drops a worldie here and there but is miles away of what we know he's capable of(and he's been like that for months now), what about Bernardo, foden and so on, At least cancelo would try to cross balls to haaland (more in the beginning of the season) but now it seems like no one wants to try to cross balls to the best striker in the world.
Cancelo dropping form was bound to happen, that happens to every player, and is even more noticeable in players like him who often make the difference because you always expect the most from them, the team is lacking creativity and one of the reasons is exactly because of his drop off form.

Was he the only one who's production dropped off? What happened to Kev who drops a worldie here and there but is miles away of what we know he's capable of(and he's been like that for months now), what about Bernardo, foden and so on, At least cancelo would try to cross balls to haaland (more in the beginning of the season) but now it seems like no one wants to try to cross balls to the best striker in the world.
Cancelo dropping form was bound to happen, that happens to every player, and is even more noticeable in players like him who often make the difference because you always expect the most from them, the team is lacking creativity and one of the reasons is exactly because of his drop off form.

Kdb assist against wolves for the 1st goal was class! All know first goal is the most important! Thing with Kev is he can have a poor game then one great cross and it’s a goal

You might have some valid points, I’m not sure. What I do know is the Guardiola has been our most successful manager EVER. On that basis, I’m fully supportive of him. I’m not saying he’s 100% right all of the time, non of us are,.. however, having supported our club through the Alan Ball, Frank Clark, Steve Coppell Phil Neal, Frank Clark eras, I’m prepared to give him ( Pep) my vote of confidence.
John Benson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.