7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the reports are true, more so the ones about throwing in dodgy tackles on players , which almost sounds like he literally started to sabotage and endanger the management and the squads efforts, there literally was no choice.
i don't believe this part of the story purely due to him being a soft bastard that pulls out of every tackle he goes in for...

The more I read about it all, he’s a proper entitled brat. What did he expect coming to City? To start every game? At a club - and under a manager - notorious for rotation? Unless you’re consistently world class - which he isn’t - then you’re not going to start every game.

I’m surprised big clubs are willing to touch him given rotation is vital at the high level but he sees his arse at the first sign of being benched rather than seeing it as ‘natural’ rotating.

Surprised he lasted 3 and a half years here.

Not for me. Not now at least, maybe in the summer. All I care about is the squad for the rest of the season, and it could be a bit if an unwanted distraction.
He would of already been briefed about opening his mouth by the club

Good riddance to the fanny. Never understood the media hype about how good he is. Defensively a pile of shite and if BM pay anywhere near £60m for him then City have done unbelievably well from that.

I am having a chuckle this morning with all the Bluemooners going in two footed on Cancelo. I hope they realise that Pep’s views on Cancelo and our home support are fairly similar. Pep may well be right on both counts.

i don't believe this part of the story purely due to him being a soft bastard that pulls out of every tackle he goes in for...
From the Guardian two years ago ...

"Irreverence. It has always been a strong characteristic of Cancelo. In Benfica’s Under-15s team he once made an ugly tackle on his coach, Bruno Lage, because he was unhappy about not playing the decisive phase of the season."

I am having a chuckle this morning with all the Bluemooners going in two footed on Cancelo. I hope they realise that Pep’s views on Cancelo and our home support are fairly similar. Pep may well be right on both counts.
What are Pep’s views on the home support then?
I mean HIS views not what the media says. :-)

Great footballer with a huge offensive skill set, but he can't defend for shit and all his "Portuguese histrionics" won't be missed one iota. Can't fucking stand players who fall over and scream for absolutely no reason, and if we replace him my preference would be for a left back who actually has the ability to win at least one tackle he "goes in for" (loose description as he never really even tried to put a tackle in during his time with us - he just jumped out of them whilst making it look like he was trying to tackle)

Yeah, he was creative in an attacking sense, and yeah, he bagged a worldie for us, but so did Danny-fucking-Mills.

Fuck him and his 13 year old girl mindset, see you later dick'ed!

'Many City fans consider Cancelo best full-back'​

b49ccce5-5474-45b3-af9e-fddb2865fb56.jpg

Chris Sutton
Former Premier League striker on the Football Daily
It just seems to me from the outside that this is Pep Guardiola flexing his muscles. It looks like there has been some sort of fall out.
At this moment in time Manchester City fans will be thinking 'blimey, we've got a lot to do in the Premier League because Arsenal are absolutely flying'.
Many City fans would consider Cancelo still as their best full-back so this is a real surprise.

Can he name these fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.