#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He clearly sucks on the left side. He is not as good on Ball like Sane and Mahrez..so put him in right where he can play offball or do his 18/19 tap-ins.

Sources close to the situation surrounding Raheem Sterling's recent dip in form, insist a break would have been 'the last thing he needs' - and that being left out for two games over Christmas had a 'negative impact' on him. [via @SamLee]

After being hung out by the england team he needs to feel supported by us and not dropped imo

He’s doesn’t deserve to start as he’s been terrible for months. Like saying leave Stones to keep giving away goals because dropping him is bad for his confidence. He’s played more games than anyone so he can hardly moan about game time.

Sources close to the situation surrounding Raheem Sterling's recent dip in form, insist a break would have been 'the last thing he needs' - and that being left out for two games over Christmas had a 'negative impact' on him. [via @SamLee]

After being hung out by the england team he needs to feel supported by us and not dropped imo

I’ve avoided getting on the lad’s back because he contributed so much in the last couple of glory seasons. And indeed goals and assists earlier this season, when he was off his overall game.

Nevertheless, he’s been given more than ample opportunity to play himself back into form and it’s time his wishes were balanced against the good of the team and the claims of other players. A couple of weeks of enforced rest may not be the worst thing. A pity it took an injury (assuming that’s not a fig leaf) to make this happen.

I’ve avoided getting on the lad’s back because he contributed so much in the last couple of glory seasons. And indeed goals and assists earlier this season, when he was off his overall game.

Nevertheless, he’s been given more than ample opportunity to play himself back into form and it’s time his wishes were balanced against the good of the team and the claims of other players. A couple of weeks of enforced rest may not be the worst thing. A pity it took an injury (assuming that’s not a fig leaf) to make this happen.
Absolutely on the nail

Excellent article by Sam Lee in The Athletic

I subscribe to Athletic but think sometimes you can read the article from a Twitter link.

Gist of the article (and as Pep alluded to in presser) is there are so many good things Sterling does in a game (not always instantly noticeable) that Pep appreciates him as a team player. Sam shows multiple reasons with explanatory pics. Really good piece IMO. But yes, he needs to take his chances.

(Send me that £10 please Sam. Thanks :))

Excellent article by Sam Lee in The Athletic

I subscribe to Athletic but think sometimes you can read the article from a Twitter link.

Gist of the article (and as Pep alluded to in presser) is there are so many good things Sterling does in a game (not always instantly noticeable) that Pep appreciates him as a team player. Sam shows multiple reasons with explanatory pics. Really good piece IMO. But yes, he needs to take his chances.

(Send me that £10 please Sam. Thanks :))

He does what he's asked of the manager and that's more important to Pep than wowing the fans every time he gets the ball.

The flip side to that is someone who is ridiculously talented like Jayden Braaf supposedly won't come close to playing for the first team because his attitude stinks. Sane, to a lesser extent, started getting left out of the team for not following instructions.

There's a cross over, though. Raheem can continue to carry out instructions to the letter but if we keep failing in front of goal then he will end up being held accountable for his part in that. All we're waiting on is his confidence to return.

The part that gets me is that he's a proper professional for us, never causes the manager issues, works his arse off and does as he's told and he is arguably the first one to get torn into when he's in poor form. His attitude deserves more patience from the supporters and he never gets it.

Bollocks,you are not seeing the grief he gets over here
Of course I am. So? What’s he going to do? Fold like a cheap suit or step up?

No one can touch him on the field. There, it is 11 v 11, one on one, football only. Do the business there and the world gets behind you. Simples.

Thank you Sam Allardyce.
Yep, let’s wrap the poor little bugger in ermine and coddle him forever!

Seriously, we baby players who are halfway through their professional careers as if they’re babies. He is a full time international professional footballer. If he would just do his job, which we have seen all too INfrequently, he’d be fine. However, he misses sitters, won’t take a shot without beating three players, doing a few dummies, and then dragging it onto his “good” foot, and then still misses more chances than ANY supposed world class player in history!

Tired of it. He needs dropping and earning his way back into the team. One more missed open opportunity that he laughs and shrugs at and he needs a slap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.