#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His game was getting on the end of Sane crosses at the back post. He had the movement and desire to get there every time. The change to inverted wingers has ruined him. His first touches in attacks need to be as close to goal as possible, preferably just one touch - the finishing one. He's too far away from goal too often, with no incentive to get to the back post because the majority of the time, Mahrez/Bernardo have to cut onto their left foot and pass back into midfield/defence. We don't have the penetration any more to allow Sterling to get his tap-ins.

I would like to see him back out on the right. If that doesn’t work given the way he has performed since the Gomez incident,I’d be tempted to move him on and get decent money for him. Mahrez and Sane the best 2 wide men at the club in my opinion

As expected, below average in big occasions.

EbYvF1OXQAEEDzd

Why are you pretending yesterday was a big occasion?

It was a meaningless game, and Pep said as much in the press conference before, he was focused on Newcastle and the cup, not dragging out the PL for as long as possible when Liverpool winning was inevitable.

His game was getting on the end of Sane crosses at the back post. He had the movement and desire to get there every time. The change to inverted wingers has ruined him. His first touches in attacks need to be as close to goal as possible, preferably just one touch - the finishing one. He's too far away from goal too often, with no incentive to get to the back post because the majority of the time, Mahrez/Bernardo have to cut onto their left foot and pass back into midfield/defence. We don't have the penetration any more to allow Sterling to get his tap-ins.
He was second in the pfa poty last year and Sane barely played? I think his confidence has gone and I do prefer him on the right, but last year proved he can play on the left too.

He was second in the pfa poty last year and Sane barely played? I think his confidence has gone and I do prefer him on the right, but last year proved he can play on the left too.

He’s had one good half season on the left and about 3 shite seasons there since he’s been at the club. He’s offering next to fuck all there. His best asset is his pace and he can barely use it from the left. It’s pretty evident how little he takes on or beats a fullback. Also makes him more likely to fluff his tap ins if it’s on his left foot. Admittedly he’s very capable of fluffing them on his right too if given any time to think. No coincidence he looked more comfortable against Arsenal when he drifted or moved to the right during that game. Our chronic lack of width(as the fullbacks offer little) is a major problem now.

Getting a clear goal scoring chance and not instinctively looking to pass to a teammate is the least Sterling thing I've seen him do since his form dipped.

One shot a couple of inches wide right and another hit the post. Looked better this game.

Why are you pretending yesterday was a big occasion?

It was a meaningless game, and Pep said as much in the press conference before, he was focused on Newcastle and the cup, not dragging out the PL for as long as possible when Liverpool winning was inevitable.
Meaningless game or not, a player with more awareness would have seen the Jesus pass all day long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.