#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’ll be er “world class” against Norwich and Watford. Actually he’ll do very little during the game but will score a couple when it really counts.

I think he ought to have won a penalty.
Yep, BT basically lied as the replay was shown "Got the ball first"... that's not what I saw. He got a slight touch after Sterling got taken down. McPointy tried to say "Sterling probably stood on him if anything", trying to link it back to an incident in the Bournemouth game, didn't bother correcting himself as the replay didn't confirm his claim.

We might not have deserved much based on our general play but Arsenal didn't really create much either. Even outside of the penalty claim, we had 3 very decent chances to level the score but didn't even hit the target.

Last edited:
Yep, BT basically lied as the replay was shown "Got the ball first"... that's not what I saw. He got a slight touch after Sterling got taken down. McPointy tried to say "Sterling probably stood on him if anything", trying to link it back to an incident in the Bournemouth game, didn't bother correcting himself as the replay didn't confirm his claim.

We might not have deserved much based on our general play but Arsenal didn't really create much either. Even outside of the penalty claim, we had 3 very decent chances to level the score but didn't even hit the target.

Yes "we" had three very decent chances and missed them all yet again when it mattered didn't we Raheem !

Why doesn't he take on full-backs nowadays. After that Manure game he really has suffered from confidence issues, some goals here and there doesn't change that. Hopefully he can hit the 18/19 season levels again.

Why doesn't he take on full-backs nowadays. After that Manure game he really has suffered from confidence issues, some goals here and there doesn't change that. Hopefully he can hit the 18/19 season levels again.

Sterling doesn't take on fullbacks often. His only attack is taking a heavy touch and trying to run past them. He came up against Bellerin who's just as quick.

We have no muscle or hight in the box. We float balls in all the time, only to see them headed clear by defenders without so much as a challenge. Pep played Mendy and walker hoping to nullify the counter attack from the gunners but we still get caught napping. Our whole ethos is about playing the game in the opponents half, getting everybody up there, so when our opponents sit deep Everyone is in the final third of the pitch and space and movement becomes impossible.

I honestly think it's to do with him playing on the left. His weak foot is pretty abysmal and so when he gets it to his feet he always wants to cut inside. The only exception I can think of is if he's isolated his man right on the side of the box and then he'll drive to the the left and try to cut it back. He's become fairly predictable in that sense.

On the right hand side everything seemed more instinctive and at a higher tempo. But then he used to say he wanted to play on the left and the fact that he's having his best goalscoring season is probably because he has more chances to finish on his stronger foot.

I do think we were a better team with that Sane/ Sterling symmetry and I hope Ferran Torres gets a go on the left wing because he seems much more comfortable on either foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.