#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what your asking. If your saying why has Pep not been able to coach anyone else to have better movement and positioning, I would say Phil has.

He definitely doesn't. The amount of dangerous positions Sterling gets into is absurd. That's why even as a hugely unreliable finisher he still has a 1/3 goals-per-game record in the Premier League and Champions League. If Sterling had Foden's technical ability he'd be a 40 goal a season player. If Foden had Sterling's movement, likewise

Not sure what your asking. If your saying why has Pep not been able to coach anyone else to have better movement and positioning, I would say Phil has.
Why is Sterling the only player since Pep is here to have the level of off the ball movement that he does? A level that is better than Aguero, Jesus, Bernardo, Mahrez, Foden, Sané, and whoever else.

I am not asking why about improvement relative to a previous standing. That should be obvious by this point. Every City player has improved their movement under Pep, but only Sterling is at the level he is at, ahead of all the others.

Sterling has brilliant movement, up there with the best. It's the primary reason why he and only he gets all the close range goals he has gotten.

Why has it only been Sterling since Pep arrived to score those type of goals in the quantity that he has? Why not anyone else?

To be clear, what I am asking, is considering that by your judgement Sterling did not have particularly great off the ball movement prior to Pep's arrival, why is it the case that now his off the ball movement is so much better than everybody else's?

He definitely doesn't. The amount of dangerous positions Sterling gets into is absurd. That's why even as a hugely unreliable finisher he still has a 1/3 goals-per-game record in the Premier League and Champions League. If Sterling had Foden's technical ability he'd be a 40 goal a season player. If Foden had Sterling's movement, likewise
You have misunderstood my post. By better, I was alluding to the same players, I. E. self improvement.

Why is Sterling the only player since Pep is here to have the level of off the ball movement that he does? A level that is better than Aguero, Jesus, Bernardo, Mahrez, Foden, Sané, and whoever else.

I am not asking why about improvement relative to a previous standing. That should be obvious by this point. Every City player has improved their movement under Pep, but only Sterling is at the level he is at, ahead of all the others.

Sterling has brilliant movement, up there with the best. It's the primary reason why he and only he gets all the close range goals he has gotten.

Why has it only been Sterling since Pep arrived to score those type of goals in the quantity that he has? Why not anyone else?

To be clear, what I am asking, is considering that by your judgement Sterling did not have particularly great off the ball movement prior to Pep's arrival, why is it the case that now his off the ball movement is so much better than everybody else's?
I see where you are coming from, and whilst I would agree Sterling gets into good positions, I think you are seriously over egging his capabilities.

You clearly rate him and I respect that, but I simply don't see it to the degree you obviously do.

To prevent going round in circles, we will simply agree to disagree.

Anyway, a glass of red and roast dinner is calling

I see where you are coming from, and whilst I would agree Sterling gets into good positions, I think you are seriously over egging his capabilities.

You clearly rate him and I respect that, but I simply don't see it to the degree you obviously do.

To prevent going round in circles, we will simply agree to disagree.

Anyway, a glass of red and roast dinner is calling
Fair enough, but if you do figure out why Sterling is the only player to get into the positions he does as frequently as he does compared to the rest of the team despite all the players having the same manager to work under, I'll be eager to hear why.

Enjoy your meal.

A player with great movement and not much else is not it going to take us to the next level.
Sadly sometimes players need to move on for the club to move forward.

I don’t think he will as the club will not receive the required fee and we will hope to see a more overall consistent game from him. I think many people are disappointed when they see him starting games nowadays. I would be surprised if he ever reaches the numbers in previous seasons with us again because that was the only reason many people overlooked his clear deficiencies for so long.

A player with great movement and not much else is not it going to take us to the next level.
Sadly sometimes players need to move on for the club to move forward.

I don’t think he will as the club will not receive the required fee and we will hope to see a more overall consistent game from him. I think many people are disappointed when they see him starting games nowadays. I would be surprised if he ever reaches the numbers in previous seasons with us again because that was the only reason many people overlooked his clear deficiencies for so long.
I keep hearing this, not good enough to take us to 'the next level'.

I'm not entirely sure what 'the next level' is supposed to be?

I'm pretty dubious that I'll ever see a better City side than the one which acheived 100 points and then followed it up with a domestic treble. This side certainly isn't, yet we're in the Champions League final, which just goes to show that you need a bit of luck to win any knockout tournament.

Point being, Sterling was the most important and consistent player for us over those 2 seasons. He rarely missed games through injury, scored a shitload, assisted a shitload, playing on the right and the left. So if anyone is going to help us get back to that level, let alone 'the next level', surely it's him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.