#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sorry but you can’t afford sentiment in football because next we are gonna have to battle like hell to defend this title and we afford to keep overlooking players who have played appallingly and keeping them . This team needs to evolve and if they are not good enough or don’t want to get on board then they should leave . Forget £40 plus million for sterling because it won’t be there and we will be lucky to get £30 mill for him. Yes he was great 2 years ago but it’s history and we move on .

Raheem Sterling, he's top of the league!! Can't wait to see his return to form for us next season. Bad day (season) at the office, that's all. He'll be back.

And if he's not?
And if he is? That’s the decision of those that work with him every day. If they think he will and give him anew contract ,that’ll do me. If they think he won’t and decide to sell him that’s fine too.
Personally think he’ll stay and get back to his best, playing with a centre forward.

And if he is? That’s the decision of those that work with him every day. If they think he will and give him anew contract ,that’ll do me. If they think he won’t and decide to sell him that’s fine too.
Personally think he’ll stay and get back to his best, playing with a centre forward.
Of course it is the decision of the club, but he has been out of form for an awful long time and given a lot of opportunities to recover form but he never did.

I simply see a lot of posters are posting just a blip, he will be back next season etc, but they don't know that for sure. he might be, but equally he might not be.

Got to say that's a pretty poor example to pick. The lad has taken a heavy touch when through on goal on a few occasions this season, and blown the opportunities as a consequence, but a 70 yard exocet from Ederson coming over his shoulder,whilst he (Raz) was going full tilt?! I actually thought he brought it down reasonably well in the circumstances, and it was only the momentary (and reasonable) check in stride he had to take to do so, that enabled James to get the challenge in.
I quote it because it was a time when a good touch and the nous to put his BODY BETWEEN RJ AND THE BALL, would have either put him through or got a penalty. It was a twofer!!

Got to say that's a pretty poor example to pick. The lad has taken a heavy touch when through on goal on a few occasions this season, and blown the opportunities as a consequence, but a 70 yard exocet from Ederson coming over his shoulder,whilst he (Raz) was going full tilt?! I actually thought he brought it down reasonably well in the circumstances, and it was only the momentary (and reasonable) check in stride he had to take to do so, that enabled James to get the challenge in.

It wasn’t an easy chance that. Half chance. Just like Foden’s which he hasn’t been criticised at all for.

It wasn’t an easy chance that. Half chance. Just like Foden’s which he hasn’t been criticised at all for.

The one Rudiger blocked? That was just brilliant last ditch defending I think. If Dias did that I'd still be watching it on a loop now.

But yeah, failing to perfectly kill a 70+yard pass dropping over your shoulder, running at speed with a defender biting at your heels isn't something I'm really going to hold against anyone. If it bounced off him and out for a goal kick then I'd understand but I've seen Aguero and Mahrez fuck those up and their first touch is/ was amongst the best at the club.

I feel like he's getting more stick for stuff like that because people are already pissed off at some of the other things he's been getting wrong.

I’m sorry but you can’t afford sentiment in football because next we are gonna have to battle like hell to defend this title and we afford to keep overlooking players who have played appallingly and keeping them . This team needs to evolve and if they are not good enough or don’t want to get on board then they should leave . Forget £40 plus million for sterling because it won’t be there and we will be lucky to get £30 mill for him. Yes he was great 2 years ago but it’s history and we move on .
Only half a dozen teams in world football could afford to match his contract,and he wouldn't be value for money where any of them are concerned.We are stuck with him,and got to hope he suddenly has a Lazarus type resurrection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.