#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who mentioned Real fucking Madrid ?

The guy you originally responded to when you started talking about how he'd never play in Spain. You're aware Madrid is in Spain, right?

he's had a stinker,and nobody will hold their hands up and admit it.

You mean apart from the shit load of people in this thread, including myself, who have said exactly that?

Christ alive, a small part of me wants rid of Raheem just because he seems to bring the worst out of certain City fans.

Even if they do go quiet for long periods of time.

The guy you originally responded to when you started talking about how he'd never play in Spain. You're aware Madrid is in Spain, right?

You mean apart from the shit load of people in this thread, including myself, who have said exactly that?

Christ alive, a small part of me wants rid of Raheem just because he seems to bring the worst out of certain City fans.

Even if they do go quiet for long periods of time.

Madrid is in Spain ? I'm not having that mate you messing me around now.

Poor performance and a really bad miss in the first half. But his form recently has been good, but ineffective today

In fairness to the lad after a sustained period of poor form he’s been playing very well lately. You have to accept that all wingers will have off days as skinning fullbacks consistently and creating chances is very difficult. It’s just that when Raz has a bad day it can look really bad at times because technically he’s nowhere near the level of Foden, Mahrez, Bernie or Grealish. He has been and still can be very effective in his own way though.

In fairness to the lad after a sustained period of poor form he’s been playing very well lately. You have to accept that all wingers will have off days as skinning fullbacks consistently and creating chances is very difficult. It’s just that when Raz has a bad day it can look really bad at times because technically he’s nowhere near the level of Foden, Mahrez, Bernie or Grealish. He has been and still can be very effective in his own way though.
So can £60 million

All his worst qualities on full show today. Sadly they're never going to improve now so we have to learn to live with them. He's been in excellent form, no idea what can have him turn in such a piss poor performance immediately after a man of the match performance against Chelsea. It must drive Pep insane. Never going to blame a single player for a team dropping points but his woeful, technical ability has hampered the side once again. The last half a dozen games he's showing enough for us to forgive them, but over the last 18 months that's been an outlier. if he continues with that recent form we can overlook it, if he goes back to weekly turgid performances, he doesn't offer us enough to forgive his glaring weaknesses. He's got enough credit in the bank for his recent performances to chalk that off as an incredibly shit day but that will very very quickly disappear with another performance like today anytime soon.

The pass that gave the ball away resulting in their goal is just beyond comprehension, the worst thing is, who was surprised at it? How can an elite footballer show such incredibly shit technical ability so regularly? Even our usual out ball of a sweeping long ball out to the flanks isn't available when he plays, we can't expect him to kill the ball dead like mahrez, nobody can do that like him, but a basic decent touch as jesus showed when he came on should be expected.

The miss was inexcusable, this wasn't something where he's just got unlucky, there's no thought put into it, he's put it the only place there's a chance it doesn't go in. He takes such little care in what he does at times. Fuck me!

All his worst qualities on full show today. Sadly they're never going to improve now so we have to learn to live with them. He's been in excellent form, no idea what can have him turn in such a piss poor performance immediately after a man of the match performance against Chelsea. It must drive Pep insane. Never going to blame a single player for a team dropping points but his woeful, technical ability has hampered the side once again. The last half a dozen games he's showing enough for us to forgive them, but over the last 18 months that's been an outlier. if he continues with that recent form we can overlook it, if he goes back to weekly turgid performances, he doesn't offer us enough to forgive his glaring weaknesses. He's got enough credit in the bank for his recent performances to chalk that off as an incredibly shit day but that will very very quickly disappear with another performance like today anytime soon.

The pass that gave the ball away resulting in their goal is just beyond comprehension, the worst thing is, who was surprised at it? How can an elite footballer show such incredibly shit technical ability so regularly? Even our usual out ball of a sweeping long ball out to the flanks isn't available when he plays, we can't expect him to kill the ball dead like mahrez, nobody can do that like him, but a basic decent touch as jesus showed when he came on should be expected.

The miss was inexcusable, this wasn't something where he's just got unlucky, there's no thought put into it, he's put it the only place there's a chance it doesn't go in. He takes such little care in what he does at times. Fuck me!
He hit that ball as if he was unmarked at the back post from a brilliant Kevin delivery, an the financial endorsements would keep on rolling in.

FFS lad bury it

I won't blame him for the miss. But he did not show enough effort to press/defend/drive forward after that to try to make up his mistake, which was really annoying.

On the other side, you can see how hard Cancelo worked in the 2nd half.

When he’s bad he can be really bad and look out of his depth in our team. But he can also be bad but still have better goal/assist contributions than most players in the league. Even when he’s good he can also have bits of awful in his game. And sometimes when he has really good games he has worse goals/assists contributions than he does when he’s had a bad game.

He’s a funny player. Got to take the rough with the smooth with him otherwise he’ll just frustrate the life out of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.