#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually like Sterling but against sides who sit deep he is so frustrating to watch. The amount of times he is careless with possession and the opposition then counter is worrying.

When we play a team who will defend deep then I would much rather use the technical wingers such as mahrez and grealish so we keep possession better which in turn reduces any counter attacks. When he has space to exploit he is a top player (see Norwich) just a shame we rarely face that kind of side.

None of the front three of Sterling, Foden and Bernardo performed well. However, of them three Sterling is the only natural forward, so really should have been the standout performer of them, and he just wasn’t. He should be showing Pep he can lead the front three. For me Sterling can’t lead he can only play the supportive role.

In a tight game like yesterday he lacks the quick feet, ball control and trickery that can open a team up…..that’s not a criticism because he cannot help his lack of natural ability.
In the right games he makes up for these deficiencies with his great movement, and exceptional pace.
Not that he was available yesterday but I’d much rather Palmer or Mahrez in the side for their dribbling ability that enables them to deal with teams that double up against our wide men.

I think he's going in the summer, got a feeling he won't be the only big name to go as well. He's just so inconsistent, can probably string three good performances together then just reverts to type and is either anonymous or just downright crap. Now we're stocked on that left flank with Sterling, Grealish and Phil vying for that slot, I feel one could go and it looks like Sterling doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.