#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wish people would stop talking about his 22 minute cameo as if it was a 120 minute performance.

I go onto the Foden thread, people are either praising him or making excuses for his poor performance across both legs. I go onto the Mahrez thread and there are 3 posts about his performance last night, and he was terrible for 70 minutes. And then I come onto sterling’s thread, the guy who played 25 minutes across both legs and didn’t miss one chance compared to the 5 between the other two, and guess what 4 or 5 pages of abuse and criticism. You try and tell me that’s fair treatment of a player.

if he had missed a couple of good chances he would be getting battered , oh wait , he is getting battered anyway
We missed 9, yes NINE chances across both legs and sterling missed none of them but still being scapegoated

I go onto the Foden thread, people are either praising him or making excuses for his poor performance across both legs. I go onto the Mahrez thread and there are 3 posts about his performance last night, and he was terrible for 70 minutes. And then I come onto sterling’s thread, the guy who played 25 minutes across both legs and didn’t miss one chance compared to the 5 between the other two, and guess what 4 or 5 pages of abuse and criticism. You try and tell me that’s fair treatment of a player.
Thats because he continually loses possession and fails to do anything productive far too often for a premiership player, we would be much better off without him - cash in now while he is still worth something to us - I think Newcastle would suit him fine.

Sterling record last year has been poor to say the least, his goals have been against primarily relegation level opposition.

6 of his 10 goals have come against teams getting relegated and he scored against Newcastle when they were in relegation zone as well.

Watford 1 (3-1)
Wolves 1 (1-0)
Newcastle 1 (4-0)
Lester 2 (6-3)
Norwich 3 (4-0)
Everton 1 (3-0)
Norwich 1 (5-0)

Statistics of just total number of goals at 10 is misleading and hiding a poor performance that can be seen every game.

Sterling record last year has been poor to say the least, his goals have been against primarily relegation level opposition.

6 of his 10 goals have come against teams getting relegated and he scored against Newcastle when they were in relegation zone as well.

Watford 1 (3-1)
Wolves 1 (1-0)
Newcastle 1 (4-0)
Lester 2 (6-3)
Norwich 3 (4-0)
Everton 1 (3-0)
Norwich 1 (5-0)

Statistics of just total number of goals at 10 is misleading and hiding a poor performance that can be seen every game.
Hope you have a crystal ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.