#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many times did he lose possession though?
Well done on the goals, but they don’t make up for the amount of times he loses the ball to put us under pressure and the poor performances in the last 2 years.
I’d be comfortable with him moving on.
Play Sterling on the left and ask him to play like Grealish and you might as well stick him in net. Sterling does not have the technique to play the safe winger role in the same way Grealish and Mahrez do, and to be perfectly honest I don’t want him to.

Playing Sterling on the right and just telling him to attack the FB like today is the Sterling I want to see. Yeah he will lose the ball a few times, traditional wingers do that. I don’t see that as a problem at all, because he will do enough effective work to make up for it.

Keep playing him wide right and we will see the best of him and the team will benefit from it.

Brilliant again today. A massive threat every time he gets it when he plays on the right

Overall game was the best of the front 3 comfortably and that's not something you often say about sterling. Even when he's banging in the goals he's often on the periphery and invovled in moments only, not today. constant threat, good movement with and without the ball, worked hard, ridiculous strength. great opener, equally good 2nd much much more like it. Others had good games too but he was determined to be a match winner today. That's what we need from him. Best forward at Leeds, best forward today, he's earned a starting spot vs Wolves imo, it's his to lose now.

How many times did he lose possession though?
Well done on the goals, but they don’t make up for the amount of times he loses the ball to put us under pressure and the poor performances in the last 2 years.
I’d be comfortable with him moving

I would be comfortable with you moving on.
Too much of a gentleman to
tell you where.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.